作者:小雅和英美友人
New Year's Resolutions
新年決心
首先,我們替剛出生的小嬰兒,一直到還沒上幼稚園的小寶寶們寫一份新年決心,其實是寶媽寶爸的美好願望。新的一年裡,寶寶們當然會長大,他們的新年決心或者說我們的美好願望都會慢慢實作。
I. Ages 0-3
0-3歲
I will go to bed without being tucked in
我以後不用爸爸媽媽安頓我上床睡覺了,
so that Mommy and Daddy can rest more after a long day of work.
這樣他們忙了一天就可以多休息了。
I will sleep through the night
我以後要睡一整宿覺,
so that Mommy and Daddy won't have to wake up in the middle of the night to take care of me.
這樣爸爸媽媽就不用夜裡醒來照顧我了。
I will try not to kick off the covers
我以後不踢被子了,
so that Mommy and Daddy can sleep tight without worrying that I might catch a cold.
這樣爸爸媽媽就不用總惦記怕我凍着,就能睡個踏實覺了。
I will be potty trained and won't peepee and poopoo in my pants
我以後要學會上廁所,不尿褲子、拉褲子,
so that Mommy and Daddy won't have to do so much laundry.
這樣爸爸媽媽就不用洗那麼多衣服了。
I will eat by myself
我以後要自己吃飯,
so that Mommy and Daddy can have their meals before the food gets cold.
這樣爸爸媽媽就不用每次飯都涼了才能吃上了。
I will put away my toys after I play with them
我以後每次玩完玩具都把它們收起來,
so that Mommy and Daddy won't have to clean up after me.
這樣爸爸媽媽就不用幫我收拾了。
When I am sick, I will take medicine
以後我生病了一定吃藥,
so that I can get well soon
這樣我就能趕快好起來,
and that Mommy and Daddy won't have to worry about me.
爸爸媽媽就不用一直擔心我了。
I will learn to be patient and cooperate when Mommy and Daddy dress me
以後爸爸媽媽給我穿衣服的時候我要學會耐心并且配合,
so that they won't have to squat down for a long time.
這樣他們就不用一直蹲着了。
I will remember to wash my hands every time I come home
我以後每次回家都會記得洗手,
so that Mommy and Daddy won't have to worry about me getting sick from germs.
這樣爸爸媽媽就不用擔心我感染病菌了。
接下來是真的可以立下新年決心的大寶寶和媽媽間的對話。
II. Ages Older Than 3
3歲以上
Mom: The New Year is almost here,
媽媽:新年快到了,
so it's time to write some New Year's resolutions.
是時候寫下新年決心了。
Child: What are resolutions?
寶寶:什麼是決心?
That's a big word!
這個詞好長啊!
Mom: Resolutions are things we resolve, or decide, to do.
媽媽:決心就是我們下定決心、決定要做的事情。
You can also think of them as goals that you set up for yourself.
你也可以把它們想成你為自己設定的目标。
Child: Well, I want to read more books.
寶寶:好的,我想讀更多書。
Can I make a resolution for that?
我能把這個作為新年決心嗎?
Mom: Yup!
媽媽:可以!
Here, I'll write the first one down on this piece of paper:
來,我在這張紙上寫下第一條:
I will read more books.
我會讀更多的書。
You can make reaching your goal easier by adding a number.
你可以加一些數字,會更容易實作目标。
Why don't we say "I will read at least 2 books each week?"
咱們可以說:“我每周會讀至少兩本書。”
Since you are so young,
因為你還小,
books for your reading level are short
适合你閱讀水準的書都很短,
and we can read a few each week.
我們每周可以讀好幾本。
Child: Okay, I can do that.
寶寶:好的,我可以的。
Mom: Let me think of one thing I can resolve to do…
媽媽:我來想想我下定決心做的一件事情……
hmm… I will eat less carbs next year.
嗯……明年我要少吃碳水化合物。
Child: What's another one I can do?
寶寶:我還能做什麼?
Mom: How about spending more time outside this coming year?
媽媽:明年多去戶外,怎麼樣?
Child: Yeah!
寶寶:嗯!
I'll write my last one:
我再寫最後一個:
I will get better at math.
我的數學會更好。
Oh wait, can I change it to "I will visit my grandma and grandpa more"?
哦等等,我能把它改為“我會多去看望爺爺奶奶”嗎?
I want to do that.
我想做這個。
Mom: Well, I think you are very capable of doing both,
媽媽:好的,我認為你有能力兩件事都做,
so let's write both down!
是以咱們把兩個都寫下來吧!
Child: You need one more, Mommy!
寶寶:你需要再加一個,媽媽!
Mom: I'll add this:
媽媽:我加上這個:
I will do yoga twice a week.
我要一周做兩次瑜伽。
I just started and do it once a week.
我剛開始做,現在是一周一次。
Child: You will be very stretchy at the end of next year!
寶寶:你到明年年底柔韌性會非常好的!
Mom: Haha, maybe I will be!
媽媽:哈哈,可能吧!
Okay, let's stick our New Year's resolutions on the fridge door.
好了,咱們把新年決心貼在冰箱門上吧。
That way we can always see them and be reminded.
這樣咱們就能經常看見,提醒自己了。
你或者自家寶貝的新年決心是什麼?歡迎留言分享出來哦~
點選下方連結,購買親子英文課程,學習更多親子英語,自創家庭英語環境,來年做個英語媽媽、英語爸爸!
《你和寶寶說英語》配套親子英文課 ¥498 購買