天天看點

我們這一天S01E06詞彙筆記

我們這一天S01E06詞彙筆記

cerebellum n.小腦

I don't know. Parenting makes my cerebellum hurt.

不知道該怎麼辦,當父母搞得我額葉都疼了。

forlorn adj.被遺棄的,絕望的,孤獨的

Hope you don't mind. Pianos get forlorn if you don't play 'em.

恕我冒昧,如果太久不彈,鋼琴會很孤單。

Squeak out 尖聲說出,高聲表達

Me, I managed to squeak out a couple of dollars on one of these back in the day.

以前我還能靠這個本事混幾口飯吃。

lit n.文學v.點亮,照亮;偶然發現

End of discussion.And it's gonna be lit.

讨論到此結束,我的發言會很"燃"的。

pinnacle n.高峰,極點v.置于高處

rip v.(使)撕裂,嚴厲批評,訓斥n.裂口,裂縫

summon up 鼓起,喚起;振作

this-this pinnacle of grief, which should rip...I mean, literally rip... tears from the audience,why you summon up all the emotion of a Google Maps voice.

這場戲悲傷到極點,本應該...我是說你本該讓觀衆們痛哭流涕,你語氣怎麼像谷歌地圖的語音一樣毫無感情呢。

derivative n.派生物;衍生物adj.非獨創的,模仿他人的

Weather derivatives are tradable commodities that protect business owners from future changes in the weather.

天氣衍生品是一種貿易商品,它能夠保護企業所有者免受天氣變化的影響。

bolt n.閃電,霹靂v.突然,快速移動,狼吞虎咽adv.筆直地

You swap lightning bolts for thunder clouds?

你用閃電球交換雷暴雲?

midlife n.中年(生活)

This early midlife crisis is so you, I can't stand it.

我忍不住 這中年危機早期症狀太像你了。

florescent adj.花盛開的,開花的,熒光燈

Next thing you know, you are so conditioned to the florescent lights that when you step outside, the sun actually burns your eyes.

接下來你猜怎樣,你就被束縛在日光燈下了,你走到外面,連太陽都會刺痛你的眼睛。

obituary n.訃告,訃文adj.訃告的

Oh, I didn't. No, the obituary gave the address of the service...

我不認識,訃告上寫了追悼會的位址。

fleet n.船隊adj.快速的;(水)淺的v.疾馳,飛逝

We had a whole fleet of them,We had just rows and rows, shelves of them.

我們建了一整隻艦隊,一排一排地在架子上陳列着。

snot n.鼻涕,傲慢無禮的人

What am I doing? I'm supposed to be comforting you,not snotting all over you.

我該來安慰你才是,而不是把鼻涕流你身上到處都是。

uproot v.根除,連根拔起v.遷離;改變生活方式

I guess he scored off the charts on some tests,and now they want to uproot him during the school year.

他好像是考試得了很高的分,現在校方想把他送走。

stand out 傑出,堅持到底,堅決反對

'Cause to me, you are every part my son.Maybe I.. I don't want you to feel like you stand out.

因為對我來說 你完全就是我兒子,也許...我不想讓你覺得自己太突出。

montage n.蒙太奇,剪輯,拼貼

And then we see this montage of them practicing and practicing.

然後通過蒙太奇的剪輯手法,無數遍的練習鏡頭呈現在觀衆眼前。

cut sb a break 放某人一馬

you got to cut her a break.Or you're gonna regret it.

你别再跟她對着幹了,不然你會後悔的。

dynamic adj.充滿活力的,動态的

But I don't think at this point in our relationship it would be healthy to introduce that dynamic.

但我覺得,鑒于我們現在的關系,還是先别這麼做了。

teleportation n.心靈傳動,瞬間移動

So what was that about teleportation?

那傳動是怎麼回事?

s01