谷歌翻譯,未做更正。不通順的地方請看電影。
The Age of Adaline
阿達琳時代
On December 31st., two thousand fourteen, a taxi cab traveled through San Francisco, from Chinatown to Marin.
2014年12月31日, 一輛計程車穿過舊金山, 從唐人街開往馬林。
The car carried a single passenger, a woman, her birth name, Adaline Bowman,
這輛車載有一名乘客, 一名婦女,她的本名是阿達琳·鮑曼 (Adaline Bowman),
current alias, Jennifer Larson.
目前的别名,詹妮弗·拉爾森。
This is the first and last chapter of her story.
這是她故事的第一章也是最後一章。
Sorry, ya just gotta be quiet, my dad, he's still sleeping, he works nights.
對不起,你得安靜點,我爸爸,他還在睡覺,他在晚上工作。
C'mon in.
進來吧
I... uh... finished the color SAP and the digital printing last night.
我……呃……昨晚完成了彩色SAP和數字印刷。
I pulled some line art from the internet, and printed the imperfections.
我從網際網路上提取了一些線條藝術, 并列印了不完美之處。
See, that's kinda my secret, the dust marks and the discoloration.
看,這就是我的秘密,灰塵痕迹和變色。
No one's gonna question that detail in a million years.
一百萬年後,沒有人會質疑這個細節。
So, why 29? I mean, if I were you, shave a coupla years off, you could definitely get away with...
那麼,為什麼是 29?我的意思是,如果我是你,剃掉幾年的coupla ,你絕對可以逃脫......
You're very kind, Tony.
你真好,托尼。
Nice work.
幹得好。
It's a pleasure doing business with you. If you any of your friends ever need anything...
很高興與您做生意。如果你身邊的朋友有什麼需要...
Why are you doing this? Come again?
你為什麼做這個?再來?
You're a smart kid, forgery's a felony.
你是個聰明的孩子,僞造是重罪。
Two hundred and fifty thousand dollar fine, six years in jail.
罰款二十五萬美元,坐牢六年。
Shit, you're... you're a cop?
該死,你是……你是警察?
No, I'm about as far from law enforcement as you can get.
不,我離執法部門很遠。
I just hate to see wasted potential, Jeff.
我隻是讨厭看到浪費的潛力,傑夫。
Tony. It's Tony.
托尼。是托尼。
The autographed baseballs in your bedroom... made out to Jeff.
你卧室裡的親筆簽名棒球……是給傑夫做的。
Don't get sloppy, it's the little things that trip you up.
不要馬虎,這是小事讓你絆倒。
Honey, I'm home.
親愛的,我回來了。
Reese?
裡斯?
Hi!
你好!
There we go.
我們走了。
You're gonna love the new farm house.
你會喜歡新的農舍。
Clean air, acres and acres of woods, a mountain stream.
空氣清新,千畝樹林,山間溪流。
You'll feel like a puppy again.
你會再次感覺像一隻小狗。
Did you know that your great, great, grandmother was born just a few towns over?
您知道嗎,您的曾祖母就出生在幾個城鎮之外?
So was mine, not at the same time, of course.
我的也是,當然,不是同時。
Oh, I gotta go to work.
哦,我要去上班了。
Civic Archives, please. It may take a while, Market's jammed.
公民檔案館,請。可能需要一段時間,市場已被卡住。
Okay, then please take California to Hyde.
好的,那麼請帶加利福尼亞去海德。
There's construction on Hyde.
海德正在建設中。
Why don't you stay on this, take this to Golf, Golf to Bush, Bush to.
你為什麼不堅持下去,把它帶到高爾夫,高爾夫去布什,布什去。
Polk, Polk to Grove, and then just leave me on the corner of Market.
波爾克,波爾克到格羅夫,然後把我留在市場的拐角處。
You want my job? You never know.
你想要我的工作?你永遠都不會知道。
Morning, Jennie. Morning.
早上好,珍妮。早晨。
Morning. Hi, Kenneth.
早晨。嗨,肯尼斯。
We thought you might not be coming in today, being New Year's Eve, and all.
我們認為你今天可能不會進來,因為是除夕之類的。
Well, it's still a Wednesday, the fun doesn't start 'til tonight anyway.
好吧,這仍然是星期三,無論如何直到今晚才開始有趣。
Well, are you up for a little excitement right now?
那麼,你現在是不是有點興奮?
Sure, what is it?
當然,是什麼?
Your favorite, the newsreel archive, it's finally being digitized.
你最喜歡的新聞片檔案,它終于被數字化了。
We need a little help getting it ready to be shipped.
我們需要一點幫助來準備發貨。
I'd love to.
我喜歡。
Adaline Marie Bowman was born at twelve-oh-one a.m., January 1st. Nineteen-oh-eight, at Children's Hospital, San Francisco,
阿達琳·瑪麗·鮑曼 (Adaline Marie Bowman) 于 1 月 1 日淩晨 12 點出生。十九歲八, 在舊金山兒童醫院,
the only child of Faye and Milton Bowman,
Faye 和 Milton Bowman 唯一的孩子,
On June 16th, 1929, just as Adaline Bowman and her mother stopped to admire the expanse, where three years hence construction would be finished on the Golden Gate Bridge, a young engineer displayed uncommon gallantry.
1929 年 6 月 16 日,就在阿達琳·鮑曼 (Adaline Bowman) 和她的母親停下來欣賞這片将 在三年後完工的金門大橋時, 一位年輕的工程師表現出不尋常的英勇。
Eighty-seven days later Adaline married Clarence James Prescott, at Old Saint Mary's Cathedral in San Francisco.
八十七天後,阿達琳 在舊金山的老聖瑪麗大教堂與克拉倫斯·詹姆斯·普雷斯科特結婚。
Three years later Adaline gave birth to a baby girl.
三年後,阿達琳生下了一個女嬰。
They named her Fleming, after Adaline's paternal grandmother.
他們以阿達琳的祖母的名字命名她的弗萊明。
On February 17th, 1937 eight workers and two engineers lost their lives when a section of scaffolding fell through a safety net during construction of the Golden Gate Bridge.
1937 年 2 月 17 日, 在金門大橋施工期間,一段腳手架從安全網中掉下來,導緻8 名勞工和 2 名工程師喪生。
Among the deceased was Adaline's husband.
死者中有阿達琳的丈夫。
Ten months after her husband's death Adaline was driving north to her parents beach cottage where 5 year old Fleming was waiting up for her, when something highly unusual occurred, something almost magical...
在她丈夫去世十個月後,阿達琳開車向北前往她 父母的海灘小屋,5 歲的弗萊明正在那裡等她, 這時發生了一件非常不尋常的事情,幾乎是神奇的……
snow fell in Sonoma County, California.
加利福尼亞州索諾瑪縣降雪。
The immersion in the frigid water caused Adaline's body to go into an anoxic reflex, instantly stopping her breathing and slowing her heartbeat.
浸泡在冰冷的水中,讓艾達琳的身體進入 缺氧反射,呼吸瞬間停止,心跳減慢。
Within 2 minutes, Adaline Bowman's core temperature had dropped to 87 degrees... her heart stopped beating.
不到兩分鐘,Adaline Bowman 的核心溫度 就降到了 87 度……她的心髒停止了跳動。
At 8:55 a bolt of lightning struck the vehicle discharging half a billion volts of electricity and producing 60,000 amperes of current.
8 點 55 分,一道閃電擊中了車輛,釋放了 50 億伏特的電力,并産生了 60,000 安培的電流。
Its effect was threefold.
它的作用是三重的。
First, the charge defibrillated Adaline Bowman's heart.
首先,充電除顫了 Adaline Bowman 的心髒。
Second, she was jolted out of her anoxic state causing her to draw her first breath in 2 minutes.
其次,她從缺氧狀态中驚醒, 導緻她在 2 分鐘内第一次呼吸。
Third, based on Von Lehman's principle of electron compression in deoxyribonucleic acid, which will be discovered in the year two thousand thirty-five, Adaline Bowman will henceforth be immune to the ravages of time... she will never age another day.
第三,根據馮·雷曼的 脫氧核糖核酸電子壓縮 原理, 2035 年将被發現,阿達琳·鮑曼從此不受時間的摧殘……她将永遠不會再老一天。
As the years passed, Adaline credited her unchanging appearance to a combination of a healthy diet, exercise, heredity, and good luck.
随着歲月的流逝,阿達琳将她不變的 外表 歸功于健康飲食、鍛煉、遺傳和好運的結合。
Adaline? Miriam, hello.
阿達琳?米裡亞姆,你好。
My god, you haven't changed a bit. Oh, that's very kind of you to say.
我的天,你一點都沒變。哦,你說的真好。
Fleming, you're all grown up.
弗萊明,你們都長大了。
That's what I keep telling my mom, but she doesn't believe me.
這就是我一直告訴我媽媽的,但她不相信我。
I'm sorry we really must leave. But you... you look like sisters.
對不起,我們真的必須離開了。但是你……你看起來像姐妹。
You better stop or it'll go straight to my head.
你最好停下來,否則它會直接沖到我頭上。
How is that possible? A new face cream... from Paris.
這怎麼可能?一種新的面霜……來自巴黎。
Made from the royal jelly of the queen bee.
由蜂王的蜂王漿制成。
Okay, Darling, bye-bye now, great seeing you.
好的,親愛的,再見了,很高興見到你。
Action was required... just weeks later, when living a quiet suburban existence, Adaline was pulled over for a minor traffic infraction.
需要采取行動……就在幾周後,在安靜的郊區生活時, Adaline 因輕微的交通違規而被攔下。
Ma'am it says here you were born January 1st., 1908.
女士,這裡說您出生于 1908 年 1 月 1 日。
That's right.
那就對了。
That would make you... 45 years old? Yes.
那會讓你...... 45歲?是的。
Ma'am, I'm gonna hold onto this.
女士,我會堅持下去的。
When you come by the station house to pick it up, please bring your birth certificate.
到車站取件時,請攜帶出生證明。
I'd be happy to, Officer, is tomorrow morning all right?
我很樂意,警官,明天早上好嗎?
Sure.
當然。
Soon after, Adaline moved back to San Francisco and took a clerical job at the School of Medicine.
不久之後,Adaline 搬回舊金山并在醫學院找到了一份文書工作。
There, she availed herself of every opportunity to research her condition.
在那裡,她利用一切機會研究自己的病情。
After a year of intense study, Adaline Bowman was forced to confront the fact that there was absolutely no scientific explanation for her condition.
經過一年的緊張研究,Adaline Bowman 被迫面對這樣一個 事實:她的病情完全沒有科學解釋。
Are you a member of the communist party or have you ever been a member of the communist party?
你是共産黨員還是曾經是共産黨員?
Adaline?
阿達琳?
I'm sorry, you have the wrong person.
對不起,你找錯人了。
We're from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Miss Bowman.
我們來自聯邦調查局,鮑曼小姐。
We'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind.
如果你不介意的話,我們想問你幾個問題。
Why, I've done nothing wrong.
為什麼,我沒有做錯任何事。
I'm a good American, how dare you bother me at my place of employment.
我是個好美國人,你怎麼敢在我工作的地方打擾我。
It couldn't be helped, Ma'am.
沒辦法了,女士。
We have no record of your residence. This way please.
我們沒有您的住所記錄。這邊請。
Nothing to worry about, Miss Bowman, we're just going to run a few tests on you.
沒什麼可擔心的,鮑曼小姐,我們隻是要對你進行一些測試。
If anyone contacts you, tell them that I went to Europe on vacation, that I never came back.
如果有人聯系你,告訴他們我去歐洲度假,我再也沒有回來。
The next time we see each other, I'll have a new identity.
下次見面時,我會有一個新的身份。
I'll always be your mother, you'll just have to introduce me as your friend.
我永遠是你的媽媽,你隻需要介紹我為你的朋友。
Mama, no. It has to be this way... here.
媽媽,沒有。必須這樣……在這裡。
To insure the freedom and safety of herself and her daughter Adaline vowed to keep moving, changing her name, residence, and appearance every decade,
為了確定自己和女兒的自由和安全,阿達琳發誓要 每十年改變一次名字、住所和容貌,
and never to speak a word of her fate to another living soul.
永遠不要對另一個活着的靈魂說出她的命運。
In seven weeks, when Jennifer Larson disappears forever, and Susan Fleisher takes up residence in a remote farmhouse in Ashton, Oregon,
七個星期後,當詹妮弗·拉爾森永遠消失, 蘇珊·弗萊舍在俄勒岡州阿什頓的一個偏遠農舍中定居時,
Adaline Bowman, beside one moment of weakness.
阿達琳鮑曼,在一瞬間的虛弱旁邊。
Will have kept her vow for the past 60 years.
在過去的 60 年裡,她将信守誓言。
Hello, Regan.
你好,裡根。
Amanda, you're not going to stand me up, are you?
阿曼達,你不會讓我站起來的,是嗎?
You asked me that last year, why don't you trust me?
去年你問我,你為什麼不相信我?
Oh, I just can't believe you haven't got a better offer.
哦,我簡直不敢相信你沒有更好的報價。
Impossible.
不可能的。
I'll pick you up eight?
我來接你八個?
Actually, that's the other reason I called.
實際上,這就是我打電話的另一個原因。
The Grand Hotel of Nob Hill is sending a car for me.
諾布山大酒店派車來接我。
Look at you. Have you ever been there for New Years?
看着你。你去過那裡過新年嗎?
Only once, ages ago.
隻有一次,很久以前。
I guess it's pretty lavish.
我想這是相當奢侈的。
Well, I better get to it then, I'll see you soon.
好吧,那我最好先說一下,我很快就會見到你。
Bye, Regan.
再見,裡根。
Are you hungry?
你餓了嗎?
No?
不?
Oh, you just want to come out with me tonight, don't you?
哦,你今晚隻想跟我出來,是嗎?
Sorry, buddy, it's a girls night.
對不起,夥計,這是一個女孩之夜。
Avery, if you do not remove the hand my knee...
艾弗裡,如果你不把手移開,我的膝蓋……
My two hands are on the table, Adaline.
我的兩隻手在桌子上,阿達琳。
Thank you.
謝謝你。
Happy New Year. Oh! Hey, Amanda.
新年快樂。哦!嘿,阿曼達。
That was you clapping, wasn't it? How did you guess?
那是你在鼓掌,不是嗎?你怎麼猜的?
You've got manners. We're the last two.
你有禮貌。我們是最後兩個。
Hey, grab a glass.
嘿,拿一杯。
Tell me, what did I miss?
告訴我,我錯過了什麼?
Oh, not much, just some happy chatter.
哦,不多,隻是一些愉快的閑聊。
It's funny, no matter how old you get, New Year's Eve still feels like the one night where anything's possible.
有趣的是,無論您多大年紀, 新年前夜仍然感覺像是一個一切皆有可能的夜晚。
What's your resolution?
你的決心是什麼?
Same as always, true love. How about you?
一如既往,真愛。你呢?
To live this year as though it were my last.
把今年當成最後一次來過。
Well, you never know, it could be, at our age.
好吧,你永遠不知道,在我們這個年齡,它可能是。
So, Helia, let's live.
是以,海莉亞,讓我們活下去吧。
Beware, bachelor at three o'clock, we need to stir him up.
小心,三點鐘的單身漢,我們需要把他激怒。
What's he like?
他長什麼樣?
Brown hair, icy blues, mid-30's.
棕色的頭發,冰冷的藍色,30 多歲。
How many with you who is kicking out my babies?
你們有多少人在踢我的孩子?
He's here.
他在這兒。
Good evening, ladies. Welcome to Cougartown.
晚上好,女士們。歡迎來到美洲獅城。
I know, we don't look a day over 28, you're too kind. What's your name?
我知道,我們看起來不會超過 28 歲,你太客氣了。你叫什麼名字?
Dale... Davenport. Dale's a painter.
戴爾……達文波特。戴爾是個畫家。
Really? Yeah, a starving artist, though.
真的嗎?是的,不過是一個饑餓的藝術家。
Because he doesn't accept his affluent family's help.
因為他不接受富裕家庭的幫助。
I... I'm sorry, have we met?
我……對不起,我們見過嗎?
No, no, no, just your Cartier wrist watch, one of the very first.
不,不,不,隻是您的卡地亞腕表,這是最早的腕表之一。
I'm assuming it was given to you by a well to do grandfather.
我假設它是由一個做祖父的井給你的。
A great-grandfather, but how do you know I paint?
一個曾祖父,但你怎麼知道我畫畫?
You hands are covered in paint. That one was easy.
你的手沾滿了油漆。那個很容易。
Well, Picasso, have a seat, we're gonna buy you a drink.
好吧,畢加索,請坐,我們要請你喝一杯。
Happy New Year. Happy New Year.
新年快樂。新年快樂。
Six, five, four...
六、五、四……
Three, two, one.
三二一。
Happy New Year!
新年快樂!
Hello.
你好。
Thank you, Sweetheart.
謝謝你,親愛的。
No, no, you don't have to sing.
不,不,你不必唱歌。
Please, please, don't sing, I've already had enough birthdays.
求求你别唱了,我已經過夠生日了。
Where are you?
你在哪裡?
You didn't go out at all?
你根本沒出去?
Well, I don't blame you.
嗯,我不怪你。
Are we still on for tomorrow?
我們明天還在嗎?
Great, all right, get some sleep. I love you.
太好了,好好睡一覺。我愛你。
Good night.
晚安。
Whoever he is, I hope he has one helluva an excuse.
不管他是誰,我希望他有一個很好的借口。
Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.
對不起,我不是故意吓你的。
It's just... isn't there some sort of tradition.
隻是……難道沒有什麼傳統。
If you're alone on New Year Eve that you're supposed to kiss a stranger?
如果你在新年前夜獨自一人,你應該吻一個陌生人嗎?
Damn it, you've heard it before.
該死的,你以前聽說過。
Just once, from a young Bing Crosby... type.
隻有一次,來自年輕的 Bing Crosby... 類型。
Happy New Year.
新年快樂。
I am too old for this. Oh, no, don't disappear.
我太老了。哦,不,不要消失。
I'll call you tomorrow and you can tell me everything I missed. I love you.
明天我會打電話給你,你可以告訴我我錯過的一切。我愛你。
Bye, Beautiful.
再見,美麗。
That'll teach me not to put my hand where it doesn't belong.
那會教我不要把手放在不該放的地方。
Something tells me it won't.
有人告訴我它不會。
You know, that was a risky move.
你知道,這是一個冒險的舉動。
What was?
什麼是?
Not introducing yourself before you leave.
臨走前不做自我介紹。
I'm a daredevil.
我是個膽小鬼。
I'm Ellis, a pleasure to meet you.
我是埃利斯,很高興認識你。
Like the Island? No man is.
喜歡海島?沒有人是。
I'm Jenny.
我是珍妮
The poem?
詩?
No? "Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,".
不?“說我累,說我難過,”。
Say that health and wealth have miss'd me, Say I'm growing old, but add,.
“說健康和财富錯過了我,說我變老了,但補充說,”
Jenny kissed me.
“珍妮吻了我。”
Who wrote that?
誰寫的?
Oh, one of the romantics, I think. No, you're not sure.
哦,我認為是浪漫主義者之一。不,你不确定。
Actually, I am, but I don't want to come across like a know-it-all.
事實上,我是,但我不想給人一種無所不知的感覺。
Too bad, Henri, I adore know-it-alls.
太糟糕了,亨利,我喜歡無所不知。
So, where are you off to?
那麼,你要去哪裡?
Some place better food... my apartment.
一些地方更好的食物......我的較高價的電梯大廈。
And yourself?
和你自己?
Back to the party. I just wanted to spend 27 floors with you.
回到聚會上。我隻是想和你一起度過27層樓。
Well, that was a risky move. What?
嗯,這是一個冒險的舉動。什麼?
Leaving your date upstairs. I hope it was worth it.
把你的約會對象留在樓上。我希望這是值得的。
What are you talking about?
你在說什麼?
Oh, come on, that beautiful woman in blue.
哦,來吧,那個美麗的藍衣女人。
Does her name happen to end in "kova"?
她的名字碰巧以“kova”結尾嗎?
No, her name is Agnes Boggs.
不,她的名字是艾格尼絲·博格斯。
Her uncle's the chef, I'll let him know you liked his food.
她叔叔是廚師,我會讓他知道你喜歡他的食物。
And she's not my date.
而且她不是我的約會對象。
Taxi, Ma'am? Yes, please, thank you.
計程車,女士?是的,請,謝謝。
I'll just wait with you.
我隻會和你一起等。
So you can find out where I live?
是以你能找到我住的地方嗎?
It does make it a lot easier to send flowers.
送花确實友善多了。
Thank you, but I'll manage.
謝謝你,但我會處理的。
Goodbye, it's been an adventure meeting you.
再見,遇見你是一次冒險。
Wait!
等待!
There you go again, putting your hand in places it doesn't belong.
你又來了,把手放在不屬于它的地方。
How do we get in touch? Happy New Year, Ellis.
我們如何取得聯系?新年快樂,埃利斯。
Thank you, Sir.
謝謝你,先生。
Am I late? No more than usual.
我遲了嗎?不比平時多。
Happy Birthday, Mama.
生日快樂,媽媽。
Thank you, Darling.
I'm so happy to see you.
很高興見到你。
You know you don't have to still give me cards.
你知道你不必仍然給我卡片。
I love you. I love you, too.
我愛你。我也愛你。
So, when you are moving back up? The third week in February.
那麼,什麼時候搬回去呢?二月的第三周。
Right on schedule. Of course.
準時。當然。
I see you already forgot our little talk about sodium.
我看你已經忘記了我們關于鈉的小話題。
No, I am simply choosing to ignore it.
不,我隻是選擇忽略它。
Actually, I'm thinking of moving, myself.
其實,我自己也在考慮搬家。
But you love where you live.
但你喜歡你住的地方。
I do, but, you know, there's just too many stairs.
我有,但是,你知道,樓梯太多了。
Last week Kay Alfonso fell, and she broke her hip.
上周凱·阿方索摔倒了,摔斷了臀部。
The doctor said she might never leave the hospital.
醫生說她可能永遠不會出院了。
And the very next day, Molly Andrews called me, and she told me about this wonderful retirement community in Arizona.
第二天,莫莉·安德魯斯打電話給我, 她告訴我亞利桑那州這個美妙的退休社群。
She moved in last spring. She said she's never been happier in her whole life.
去年春天她搬來了。她說她這輩子從來沒有這麼開心過。
What's a matter?
有什麼事嗎?
We bought in Oregon so that I could be close to you.
我們在俄勒岡州購買,這樣我就可以靠近你。
You could come up for long visits, move in with me eventually.
你可以長期拜訪, 最終和我一起住。
We haven't lived together since I was in high school.
我們從高中開始就沒有住在一起。
A little bit. You're not getting any younger.
一點點。你不再年輕了。
What if you move to Arizona and something happened to you?
如果你搬到亞利桑那州并且發生了什麼事怎麼辦?
What if you get sick?
如果生病了怎麼辦?
Then, I would hope that you'd come and take care of me.
那麼,我希望你能來照顧我。
What if I'm too late?
如果我來晚了怎麼辦?
No, no, we cannot do this, not on your birthday, it's a holiday.
不,不,我們不能這樣做,不是在你生日那天,這是一個假期。
I nearly fell off my feet.
我差點摔倒。
What are you two clucking about?
你們兩個在嘀咕什麼?
Major news! Mr. Jones is donating fifty thousand dollars worth of first edition classics to this library.
重磅消息!瓊斯先生 将向該圖書館捐贈價值五萬美元的第一版經典著作。
What books, do you know? We're going to find out very soon, because his office called to say that he'll be here to deliver them himself.
什麼書,你知道嗎?我們很快就會知道, 因為他的辦公室打來電話說他會親自來送。
Hi. Oh no. - I'm Ellis. - Oh, good.
你好。不好了。- 我是埃利斯。- 哦,很好。
Welcome, - Thanks. Mr. Jones.
歡迎, - 謝謝。瓊斯先生。
On behalf of the San Francisco Heritage Society I'd like to express our sincere gratitude for your most generous gift.
我謹代表舊金山遺産協會對您最慷慨的禮物表示誠摯的感謝。
I left them in Shipping and Receiving, but I'm sure they'll be right up.
我把它們留在了發貨和收貨環節,但我相信它們會馬上就來。
If you don't mind, we'd like a photograph of you donating the books.
如果你不介意,我們想要一張你捐贈書籍的照片。
Yeah, yeah, sure, sure.
是的,是的,當然,當然。
Can you give me one second, though?
不過,你能給我一秒鐘嗎?
Hey, it's me, the know-it-all.
嘿,是我,無所不知。
What are you doing here? I got something for you, too.
你在這裡做什麼?我也有東西給你。
Some flowers.
一些花。
Daisy Miller by Henry James.
亨利·詹姆斯的黛西·米勒。
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury.
Ray Bradbury 的蒲公英酒。
White Oleander, Janet Fitch.
白夾竹桃,珍妮特·菲奇。
Very clever.
非常聰明。
How did you know I work here?
你怎麼知道我在這裡工作?
I just joined the Board, I saw you coming out of our meeting.
我剛加入董事會,我看到你從我們的會議中出來。
You could have mentioned that in the elevator.
你可以在電梯裡提到這一點。
If we'd met in a taller building, I'd of had time to cover that.
如果我們在更高的建築裡見面,我就有時間來報道。
I don't know about you, but... I'm ready for some donating.
我不了解你,但是……我已經準備好接受捐贈了。
Great, I'll be here.
太好了,我會在這裡。
No way, I'd like for you to accept books on behalf of the Library.
沒辦法,我想讓你代表圖書館接受書籍。
Oh, no, I can't do that. Yes, you can.
哦,不,我不能那樣做。是的你可以。
No, I... I don't want my photo taken.
不,我……我不想拍我的照片。
Don't worry, you look stunning.
别擔心,你看起來很漂亮。
It's not about vanity, I just don't like people taking my photograph.
這不是虛榮心,我隻是不喜歡别人給我拍照。
Suit yourself, if you won't accept them, I won't donate 'em.
适合你自己,如果你不接受它們,我不會捐贈它們。
You wouldn't do that. I will, I'll even have a book burning.
你不會那樣做。我會的,我什至會燒一本書。
I just... I don't like having my photos taken, Ellis.
我隻是……我不喜歡拍照,埃利斯。
Okay, fine, fine. Here's an alternative.
好的,好的,好的。這是一個替代方案。
Let me take you out tomorrow.
讓我明天帶你出去。
Okay... that's impossible.
好吧……這不可能。
All right, well, I'll just pack up the books then, that's fine.
好吧,那我就收拾書包好了。
Where?
在哪裡?
Some place you've never been.
一些你從未去過的地方。
Well, if it's in this city, that's unlikely.
好吧,如果是在這個城市,那不太可能。
Try me.
試試我。
You can leave your boots at the front when you're done, I'll be right outside. We will, thank you, Tom.
完成後你可以把靴子放在前面, 我會在外面。我們會的,謝謝你,湯姆。
All right.
好的。
All right... I give up.
好吧……我放棄了。
In the first year of the Gold Rush, about 60,000 people came to San Francisco by ship.
在淘金熱的第一年,大約有 60,000 人乘船來到舊金山。
And a lot of them hightailed straight into the hills leaving their boats behind.
他們中的許多人直接進入山丘,留下他們的船。
Hundreds of boats were left onshore.
數百艘船被留在岸上。
Downtown San Francisco was built right on top of them.
舊金山市中心就建在它們之上。
I didn't know that.
我不知道。
Now... City Services found this when they were digging when they were digging for a utility line.
現在... City Services 在挖掘公用事業線路時發現了這一點。
My God. Isn't it something?
天哪。不是東西嗎?
Is... is that...? Yeah, that's a boat.
是……是……?是的,那是一條船。
Oh! Wow! This is incredible.
哦!哇!這難以置信。
So, we had the digging stopped immediately, of course, because we want this made available to the public.
是以,當然, 我們立即停止了挖掘,因為我們希望将其公之于衆。
We
“我們”
San Francisco Historical Preservation Society.
舊金山曆史保護協會。
Oh, let me guess, you're on the board.
哦,讓我猜猜,你是董事會成員。
Yeah, well, they'll... they'll let anyone on the Board these days.
是的,好吧,他們會……他們現在會讓任何人加入董事會。
So, how did you come by your fortune, anyway... inheritance?
那麼,你的運氣到底是怎麼來的……傳承?
Luck. I was a math major in college, and in my spare time I developed an algorithm for analyzing climate data, but my roommate figured out that it could also be used to make economic forecasts.
運氣。我在大學主修數學, 在業餘時間我開發了一種分析氣候資料的算法, 但我的室友發現它也可以用來進行經濟預測。
So he started a company in our dorm room, sold it 3 years later and then with his half he retired to Fiji.
And with my half, I'm... ya know, I'm doing this.
Your... your job is giving away money.
Yeah, that's right, but... but if you want to make a real difference in this world, it's a... it's a lot harder than it seems.
What about you, Jenny?
I own a dog.
Well.
I should be getting back.
I thought we were having lunch.
It's too late, Ellis, I only have an hour.
Let me at least walk you back.
Thank you for all of this, but.. But you should know I'm moving.
I have an idea. I'll tell you a joke, and if you laugh, you have to go out with me one more again before you move away.
And if you don't laugh, I'll know we're incompatible and I'll gladly give up.
That must be one helluva joke. It's the funniest in human history.
那一定是一個天大的笑話。這是人類曆史上最有趣的事情。
But it's subtle, sophisticated, so you probably won't even get it.
但它是微妙的、複雜的,是以你甚至可能不會明白。
Yeah, probably not.
是的,可能不是。
Do you like baseball?
你喜歡棒球嗎?
Yeah, I love it. Good. So...
是的,我喜歡它。好的。是以...
One day at Fenway Park, Ted Williams... Do you know who he was?
有一天在芬威球場,泰德威廉姆斯......你知道他是誰嗎?
Oh, c'mon, the Thumper, current batting average .344, right?
哦,來吧,Thumper,目前的擊球率是 0.344,對吧?
What? Yeah, that Ted Williams.
什麼?是的,那個泰德威廉姆斯。
Anyway, so, he's hangin' around Fenway and this horse walks up and says, "I want to play for the Sox."
無論如何,是以,他在芬威附近閑逛, 這匹馬走上前來說,“我想為襪隊效力。”
An actual horse? An actual horse.
真正的馬?一匹真正的馬。
Ted's like, "Okay, what can you do?"
泰德就像,“好吧,你能做什麼?”
And the horse says, "I can hit just like you, only a whole lot better ".
馬說,“我可以像你一樣打,隻是要好得多”。
So, he picks up the bat with his teeth and Ted's like, "Okay", and he throws him a few, and sure enough... goong, goong, goong!
是以,他用牙齒拿起球棒,泰德說,“好吧”, 然後他扔給他幾隻,果然…… 咕,咕,咕!
Into the bleachers.
進入看台。
So, Ted's like, "Whoa! What else can you do?"
是以,泰德就像,“哇!你還能做什麼?”
And the horse says, "Well, I can play shortstop."
馬說:“好吧,我可以玩遊擊手。”
So, Ted hits him a few ground balls and sure enough.
是以,泰德給他打了幾個地球,果然如此。
He's a "vacuum cleaner"?
他是“吸塵器”?
Yeah, so Ted's like, "Whoa! Can you pitch?"
是的,是以泰德就像,“哇!你能投球嗎?”
And the horse just looks at him and says, "Pitch? Who ever heard of a horse pitching?"
馬隻是看着他說: “投球?誰聽說過馬投球?”
Yeah! Yes!
是的!是的!
Ladies and gentlemen, the Lady has been conquered.
女士們,先生們,女士已經被征服了。
That's the worst joke I've ever heard in my entire life.
這是我這輩子聽過的最糟糕的笑話。
Thank you. It wasn't a compliment.
謝謝你。這不是恭維。
Dinner, Tuesday, my place, 303-18th Street.
晚餐,星期二,我家,303-18 街。
Eight o'clock.
八點鐘。
Fine.
美好的。
Good morning, Miss Larson, good to see you again.
早上好,拉森小姐,很高興再次見到你。
- Good morning. So, what can we do for you today?
- 早上好。那麼,今天我們能為您做些什麼呢?
I'd like to add another signee to my account.
我想在我的帳戶中添加另一個簽名者。
May I ask the reason? I'll be traveling for a while.
我可以問一下原因嗎?我會去旅行一段時間。
Traveling, huh?
旅行吧?
Okay, I'll get the paperwork, I'll be right back.
好的,我去拿檔案,我馬上回來。
All of these companies rate very highly with us.
所有這些公司都對我們評價很高。
What's this, the Haloid Photographic Company?
這是什麼,Haloid 攝影公司?
They've been around 50 years, they make photo paper and equipment.
他們已經有大約 50 年的曆史了,他們制造相紙和裝置。
They're developing something called "electro photography".
他們正在開發一種叫做“電子攝影”的東西。
Could revolutionize the business, but you won't see any immediate returns.
可以徹底改變業務,但您不會立即看到任何回報。
Could be a few years away. That's all right.
可能還要幾年。沒關系。
I'd hate to see you tie up your money.
我不想看到你把錢綁起來。
I'm patient.
我有耐心。
What do you know, they changed their name.
你知道嗎,他們改了名字。
They're now called...
他們現在被稱為...
What the heck, it starts with an "X", it's...
什麼鬼,它以“X”開頭,它是...
It's Greek, it's pronounced "XEROX".
它是希臘語,發音為“XEROX”。
Xerox.
影印。
So, we can start with the signature card.
是以,我們可以從簽名卡開始。
What is the name of the co-signer? Susan Fleisher.
共同簽署人的姓名是什麼?蘇珊·弗萊舍。
Susan, what, F-I-e... I-s-h-e-r.
蘇珊,什麼,FIe... Isher。
Now, I made you some salmon.
現在,我給你做了一些鲑魚。
This no eating nonsense just won't do if you are a proper farm dog.
如果你是一隻合格的農場犬,這種不吃廢話是行不通的。
I want you to eat every last bite, do you understand me?
我要你吃到最後一口,明白嗎?
Oh, there we go.
哦,我們走了。
Hello? Ellis?
你好?埃利斯?
Am I interrupting? Hey!
我打擾了嗎?嘿!
I was afraid you got cold feet. No, no, just trouble getting a cab.
我怕你手腳冰涼。不,不,隻是打車很麻煩。
Hey. Hi.
嘿。你好。
Can I take your coat?
我可以拿你的外套嗎?
Okay.
Uh, your... your place it's, uh...
呃,你的……你的地方,呃……
Unfinished? Yes!
未完成?是的!
Uh, I noticed that part, it's sort of an artistic choice?
呃,我注意到那部分,這是一種藝術選擇?
No, I have to paint and plaster and do all the wiring stuff, but I'm doing it all myself, so, it's gonna take a little while.
不,我必須油漆和抹灰并做所有的布線工作, 但我都是自己做的,是以,這需要一點時間。
I think your food is burning. Ah!
我想你的食物正在燃燒。啊!
So, make yourself comfortable.
是以,讓自己舒服點。
Sit down, relax.
坐下,放松。
What is it... that you're cooking?
什麼……你在做飯?
Well, it's a delicacy, which to be honest, is not for everyone.
嗯,這是一種美味,老實說,并不适合所有人。
I hope you like it.
我希望你喜歡它。
Are you ready? Would you like a drum roll?
你準備好了嗎?你要鼓卷嗎?
Voila!
瞧!
It was between this and stuffed quail.
就在這個和釀鹌鹑之間。
Please do not tell me you're disappointed.
請不要告訴我你很失望。
I... I'm truly overjoyed! Yes!
我……我真是喜出望外!是的!
Dig in. Okay.
鑽進去。好吧。
Well?
好?
Well, it's perfect, just the music is painful.
嗯,這很完美,隻是音樂很痛苦。
You don't like jazz? No, I love jazz, this is something else.
你不喜歡爵士樂?不,我喜歡爵士樂,這是另一回事。
My mom grew up in Maine, she's is a real New Englander.
我媽媽在緬因州長大,她是一個真正的新英格蘭人。
Sweet, but tough as nails.
甜,但像指甲一樣堅硬。
My dad, on the other hand... has his head in the stars... literally.
另一方面,我爸爸……他的頭在星空中……字面意思。
He's an astronomer, just retired from Stanford.
他是一名天文學家,剛剛從斯坦福大學退休。
His claim to fame was that he discovered an unusual comet.
他聲名鵲起是因為他發現了一顆不尋常的彗星。
Unusual, in what way?
不尋常,以什麼方式?
Well, it has a mathematically proven perigee.
嗯,它有一個經過數學證明的近地點。
So, based on his calculation, it will pass by Earth in the winter of 1981.
是以,根據他的計算,它将在 1981 年冬天經過地球。
Did it? No.
做到了?不。
No, it did not, but, that didn't stop him from looking for it every year.
不,它沒有,但是,這并沒有阻止他每年都在尋找它。
It was a kind of ritual we had when I was growing up.
這是我成長過程中的一種儀式。
My dad is still looking.
我爸還在找。
Well, one more glass of wine and may see it.
好吧,再來一杯酒,可能會看到。
Oh, no, no, no thank you, please.
哦,不,不,不,謝謝,拜托。
Ah, c'mon, ya know, they have a saying in Italy, Anni, amori e bicchieri di vino, nun se contano mai.
啊,來吧,你知道,他們在意大利有句諺語, Anni, amori e bicchieri di vino,nun se contano mai。
Years, lovers, wine cups,
“歲月,情人,酒杯,”
years, lovers and glasses or wine,
“歲月,情人,酒杯或酒,”
these are things that should never be counted.
“這些是永遠不應該被計算在内的事情。”
You have no idea.
你不知道。
I like your view. Thank you.
我喜歡你的觀點。謝謝你。
I like the way you read.
我喜歡你的閱讀方式。
What?
什麼?
The first time I saw you, coming out of a board meeting, you were reading.
我第一次看到你,從董事會會議出來,你正在閱讀。
Your hair was pulled back and you were wearing a blue dress.
你的頭發向後拉,你穿着一件藍色的裙子。
It was a book in Braille. I slowed down to watch.
那是一本盲文書。我放慢腳步觀看。
How long did you watch for?
你看了多久?
Long enough to realize you weren't blind.
足夠長的時間來意識到你不是瞎子。
And I had to meet you.
我不得不見你。
And I didn't know when or how, but I... I knew I would.
我不知道何時或如何,但我……我知道我會的。
I think I, uh...
我想我,呃...
I think I remember that day, uh...
我想我記得那天,呃...
Yes, it was a... it was a book in Norwegian, and because of all the umlauts over the vowels, it made it nearly impossible to comprehend.
是的,這是一本……這是一本挪威語的書, 由于元音上的所有變音, 它幾乎無法了解。
You're kidding. Yes.
你在開玩笑。是的。
Are you kidding? Yes, yes of course I am.
你在開玩笑嗎?是的,是的,我當然是。
It was Braille for beginners, or nursery rhymes or something.
這是初學者的盲文,或童謠之類的。
You could tell me anything you want and I'll believe it.
你可以告訴我任何你想要的,我會相信的。
I know almost nothing about you.
我對你幾乎一無所知。
It's better this way.
這樣更好。
No... it's not.
不,這不對。
Tell me something I can hold on to forever and never let go.
告訴我一些我可以永遠堅持并且永遠不會放手的事情。
Let go.
松手。
Hi.
Good morning.
早上好。
Okay, move your arm, some of us work for a living.
好吧,動動你的手臂,我們中的一些人以工作為生。
Um, okay, I get it, you're holding me hostage.
嗯,好吧,我明白了,你把我當作人質。
Will you ever come back?
你會回來嗎?
Are you sure there's no one there who speaks English, or even Spanish?
你确定那裡沒有人會說英語,甚至西班牙語?
No, no, no, we... we want it all.
不,不,不,我們……我們想要這一切。
Il curator compare...
我的策展人比較...
I have to go. Hold on, hold on.
我得走了。堅持,堅持。
One minute, please.
請一分鐘。
Give me a second, okay, I'm trying to deal this in Portuguese.
等一下,好吧,我正在嘗試用葡萄牙語處理這個問題。
I can't right now.
我現在不能。
What are you trying to say?
你想說什麼?
The Rain Forest Trust Fund's to buy 5,000 acres.
雨林信托基金将購買 5,000 英畝土地。
Huh, well, you're not even close.
嗯,好吧,你甚至不接近。
Here. Thank you.
這裡。謝謝你。
We're confirming the purchase of 5,000 acres, we good?
我們正在确認購買 5,000 英畝土地,我們好嗎?
The check is in the mail.
支票在郵件裡。
Thank you very much, Sir.
先生非常感謝您。
I'm late for work.
我上班遲到了。
Wait. That's it? Let go.
等待。而已?松手。
It's a $1.50, Ma'am.
這是 1.50 美元,女士。
Ma'am?
小姐?
I just changed my mind, just keep driving please.
我隻是改變主意了,請繼續開車。
You got it.
你說對了。
Reese.
裡斯。
Baby, are you okay?
寶貝,你還好嗎?
Are you okay, Baby?
你還好嗎,寶貝?
His urean creatine levels are way too high, which means his kidneys are failing.
他的尿素肌酸水準太高了,這意味着他的腎髒正在衰竭。
The toxins are building up and his body can't handle it.
毒素堆積如山,他的身體無法承受。
Is he in pain? It's difficult to say.
他痛苦嗎?很難說。
If you were me, what would you do?
如果你是我,你會怎麼做?
I'd be thinking about... what a wonderful life he's had,
我會想……他的生活多麼美好,
how lucky you are to have found each other.
你們找到彼此是多麼幸運。
May I have a moment alone with him, please?
我可以和他單獨待一會兒嗎?
Of course.
Hey Jenny! This is Ellis. I tried you a couple of times.
嘿珍妮!這是埃利斯。我試了你幾次。
Hope you got my messages. Call me back.
希望你能收到我的消息。給我回電話。
Jenny!
珍妮!
What are you doing here?
你在這裡做什麼?
Well, I tried to call, but... How did you get my address?
嗯,我試着打電話,但是……你是怎麼得到我的位址的?
The library.
圖書館。
Come on, don't be upset, I didn't know what else to do.
來吧,别難過,我不知道還能做什麼。
My dog, I had to...
我的狗,我不得不...
I had to put him down. Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear that.
我不得不放下他。哦,不,我很遺憾聽到這個消息。
You should have waited for me to contact you.
你應該等我聯系你。
Uh, Jenny, there's...
呃,珍妮,有...
There's a reason I don't give out my address.
我不提供位址是有原因的。
I'm... I'm sorry, honestly. This isn't going to work, I'm moving.
我……我很抱歉,老實說。這行不通,我要搬家了。
Are you serious?
你是認真的嗎?
Hi... for you.
你好……給你。
Barbara Ireland before she moved to Florida, she got rid of all her books.
芭芭拉愛爾蘭在搬到佛羅裡達之前, 她扔掉了她所有的書。
I could no sooner get rid of this book than I could...
我不能盡快擺脫這本書,就像我不能......
Well, it looks like I'm not the only one getting nostalgic.
好吧,看來我不是唯一一個懷舊的人。
You've had such a wonderful life.
你過着如此美妙的生活。
I like to think so.
我喜歡這樣想。
I just wish you... you know, that she could have been there for more of it.
我隻是希望你......你知道,她本來可以在那裡做更多的事情。
So do I.
我也是。
Remember that?
還記得嗎?
Nineteen fifty-four I was junior in college.
十九點五十四分 我是大三學生。
That's the last photo I have of you.
那是我最後一張你的照片。
Well, when you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.
好吧,當你看過一個的時候,你已經看過了。
This is true.
這是真實的。
What is it?
它是什麼?
What's wrong?
怎麼了?
I'm just tired of running,
我隻是跑累了,
of lying to good people. Then stop.
對好人說謊。然後停下來。
Nobody's chasing you anymore.
沒有人再追你了。
Anyone who was ever been suspicious is long dead.
任何懷疑過的人早就死了。
You don't have to be alone forever.
你不必永遠孤單。
Don't you miss having someone to love?
你不懷念有一個愛的人嗎?
It's been such a long time.
已經這麼久了。
It's not the same when there's no future.
沒有未來的時候就不一樣了。
What are you talkin' about, you got nothin' but future!
你在說什麼,你隻有未來!
I mean a future together, growing old together.
我的意思是一起未來,一起變老。
Without that, love is, uh...
沒有它,愛就是,呃……
it's just heartbreak. It's the same for everybody.
這隻是心碎。這對每個人都是一樣的。
How many times has my heart been broken?
我的心碎了多少次?
Too many.
太多。
If I had your looks and your energy, I'd fall in love tomorrow, I really would.
如果我有你的容貌和活力,我明天就會墜入愛河,我真的會。
I did meet someone. What?
我确實遇到了一個人。什麼?
Oh, on New Year's Eve, he... he jumped on my elevator.
哦,在新年前夜,他……他跳上了我的電梯。
Why didn't you tell me?
你為什麼不告訴我?
Because I knew you'd look at me like that.
因為我知道你會那樣看我。
Don't get too excited, I, uh... I told him to leave me alone.
别太激動,我,呃……我讓他别管我。
I was horrible... cruel.
我太可怕了……殘忍。
Tell him you're sorry, tell him you made a mistake.
告訴他你很抱歉,告訴他你做錯了。
I can't, I'm leaving.
我不能,我要走了。
You're moving to Oregon, not Timbuktu.
你要搬到俄勒岡州,而不是廷巴克圖。
Come on, if you won't do it for yourself, do it for me.
來吧,如果你不為自己做,就為我做。
Please?
請?
Hello. Can I help you?
你好。我可以幫你嗎?
Uh, I'm here to see Ellis Jones, he's not expecting me.
呃,我是來看埃利斯瓊斯的,他沒有在等我。
Well, let's see what we can do about that.
好吧,讓我們看看我們能做些什麼。
And you are?
而你呢?
Incredibly sorry.
非常抱歉。
Mr. Jones, you got a guest down here.
瓊斯先生,你這裡有位客人。
I bet you got a name. Jennifer Larson.
我打賭你有名字。詹妮弗·拉爾森。
Please, tell him I understand if he doesn't want to see me.
如果他不想見我,請告訴他我了解。
I'm here just to say I'm sorry, and that my... my life has been unbelievable, since longer than he can imagine, and I just... I was emotional the other day, and...
我在這裡隻是想說聲對不起, 我的……我的生活令人難以置信, 因為比他想象的要長, 而且我隻是……前幾天我很情緒化,而且……
Now that I realize how incredibly kind to me he's been, and I... I... I've just been too stupid to accept it, and...
現在我意識到他對我是多麼的好, 而我……我……我太愚蠢了無法接受,而且……
I know better now, and... and that's why I want to tell him how sincerely sorry I am.
我現在更清楚了,而且…… 這就是為什麼我想告訴他我是多麼真誠地抱歉。
And ask that... if he could come downstairs maybe, and... let me make it up to him by taking him out tonight?
然後問……他是否可以下樓,然後…… 讓我今晚帶他出去補償他?
Please.
請。
Uh, Jennifer Larson, she says she understands if you don't...
呃,詹妮弗·拉爾森,她說她明白如果你不...
Oh, you heard that? Okay, good.
哦,你聽到了嗎?好的。
He wants to know where you're taking him?
他想知道你要帶他去哪裡?
Some place he's never been before.
一個他從未去過的地方。
Hello. Hey, Jenny.
你好。嘿,珍妮。
C'mon.
來吧
All right, you don't actually think this is my first chop shop do you?
好吧,你真的不認為這是我的第一家印章店嗎?
Oh, be quiet, there's more here that meets the eye.
哦,安靜點,這裡還有更多令人眼前一亮的東西。
This used to be one of the most popular picture houses in the City.
這曾經是該市最受歡迎的圖檔屋之一。
Movie theater? Yes.
電影院?是的。
In the 1930s, a woman named Mary Elizabeth Woods, read about a chemical magnate who had created the drive-in theater in Camden, New Jersey.
在 1930 年代,一位名叫瑪麗·伊麗莎白·伍茲 (Mary Elizabeth Woods) 的女性 讀到了一位化學巨頭在紐澤西州卡姆登建立了汽車影院。
And, so naturally she made one of her own here in San Francisco.
而且,很自然地,她在舊金山做了一件自己的作品。
Everyone thought she was crazy as a loon, which she was.
每個人都認為她像個瘋子一樣瘋了,她确實是。
She would sleep with anyone who wasn't her husband, and she used to put on these airs like she was better than anyone else. In fact... anyway.
她會和任何不是她丈夫的人上床, 而且她過去常常裝出這些架子,好像她比任何人都好。事實上…… 無論如何。
Because of local ordinances she couldn't have an open-air theater, so she brought all the car in here.
因為當地的法令,她不能有露天劇場, 是以她把所有的車都帶來了。
That's the screen, right there!
那就是螢幕,就在那裡!
It was spectacular... I imagine.
太壯觀了……我想。
Are you ready for the best part? Sure.
你準備好迎接最好的部分了嗎?當然。
Okay, look up.
好吧,擡頭看。
She had photo luminescent filaments installed.
她安裝了照片發光燈絲。
They took the time to create the constellations.
他們花時間創造了星座。
Isn't it beautiful?
是不是很美?
Yeah.
是的。
What are you doing?
你在做什麼?
Cheers.
幹杯。
The great paradox of all this is that... the better our instruments get, that farther we can see.
所有這一切的最大悖論是…… 我們的儀器越好,我們就能看得越遠。
But not into the future, into the past.
但不是進入未來,進入過去。
The events who's light hasn't even reached us yet.
光的事件甚至還沒有到達我們。
I don't think I'll ever understand why so few people care about history?
我想我永遠不會明白為什麼這麼少人關心曆史?
The future has its charm, too.
未來也有它的魅力。
We could talk about our ours.
我們可以談談我們的。
Ellis... Not the distant future.
埃利斯……不是遙遠的未來。
Talk about this weekend. What did you have in mind?
談談這個周末。你有什麼想法?
My parents are having a party to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary.
我的父母正在舉辦一個慶祝他們結婚 40 周年的派對。
It's just a couple of hours from here.
離這裡隻有幾個小時。
Come with me.
跟我來。
Can I drive?
我可以開車?
Oh, my God, you know you rarely see a Saab in the Daytona 500.
哦,我的上帝,你知道你很少在代托納 500 中看到薩博。
There's a reason for that.
這是有原因的。
Then... ya know, you might wanna consider an occasional tap on that square pedal by your foot.
然後......你知道,你可能想考慮偶爾用腳踩一下那個方形踏闆。
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什麼。
Oh, my God! Oh, sorry! What's wrong with you?
我的天啊!哦對不起!你這人怎麼回事?
Do me a favor, stop and pick her up.
幫我個忙,停下來接她。
Ooh, I'd rather not get stabbed. That's my sister.
哦,我甯願不被刺傷。那是我妹妹。
Sorry.
對不起。
What's up pussycat? Need a ride?
小貓怎麼了?需要搭便車?
What's it look like?
它是什麼樣子的?
How are you? Good, hi!
你好嗎?好,嗨!
Get out! Still driving the Saab, huh?
出去!還在駕駛薩博,嗯?
Yeah, it's good to see you, too. Hey!
是的,也很高興見到你。嘿!
Kikki, this is Jenny. Jenny, this is my sister.
琪琪,這是珍妮。珍妮,這是我姐姐。
Nice to meet you. Nice to meet you.
很高興見到你。很高興見到你。
You should have told me you were taking the bus.
你應該告訴我你在坐公共汽車。
We'd of picked you up at the station.
我們會在車站接你的。
I stopped using telephones 2 months ago.
2 個月前我停止使用電話。
Any particular reason?
有什麼特别的原因嗎?
To protest the involvement of telecomm firms in the development of hi-tech weapon systems.
抗議電信公司參與高科技武器系統的開發。
Kikki graduated from Berkeley.
Kikki畢業于伯克利。
So this is the new one, huh?
是以這是新的吧?
Have you done him yet?
你做他了嗎?
Yes, 10 minutes ago, right where you're sitting.
是的,10 分鐘前,就在你坐的地方。
So what's the story with this girl, she... she works there?
那麼這個女孩的故事是什麼,她……她在那裡工作?
I told everything Ellis told me.
我告訴了埃利斯告訴我的一切。
Beautiful girl,
美麗的女孩,
works in a public library.
在公共圖書館工作。
Maybe she likes books... and silence.
也許她喜歡書……和沉默。
Or maybe she Google'd him, and found out about his generous contributions and then... worked her way in there so she could get her hooks into him.
或者也許她用谷歌搜尋了他, 發現了他的慷慨貢獻,然後…… 努力進入那裡,這樣她就可以吸引他。
Yeah, I'll bet that's it.
是的,我敢打賭就是這樣。
Shouldn't they be here by now? You clear the table.
他們現在不應該在這裡嗎?你清理桌子。
They're here!
他們在這兒!
Yeah, yeah.
是啊。
How do I look?
我看起來怎麼樣?
Very pretty.
很漂亮。
Oh! There you are!
哦!你在這!
Hey, Mom.
嗨,媽媽。
Aaw, Honey! You look great. Look who we picked up on the way.
啊,親愛的!你看起來很棒。看看我們在路上接了誰。
Hi, Baby.
嗨寶貝。
So, this is Jenny. Hello.
是以,這是珍妮。你好。
So nice to meet you. Nice to meet you.
You must be exhausted after your trip.
旅行結束後你一定很累。
Oh, no, it was nothing. We made it in like 18 minutes.
哦,不,沒什麼。我們在 18 分鐘内就完成了。
No I'm not amused. He knows I hate it when he speeds.
不,我不開心。他知道我讨厭他超速。
It wasn't me, it was Jenny, I swear, she thinks she has nine lives.
不是我,是珍妮,我發誓,她認為她有九條命。
Let me take your coat.
讓我拿走你的外套。
Oh, okay. Where ya been?
哦好的。你去哪兒了?
What, you forget where we live? No.
什麼,你忘了我們住在哪裡?不。
Uh, this is my dad, William.
呃,這是我爸爸,威廉。
Dad, this is... Adaline.
爸爸,這是……阿達琳。
Jenny, actually.
珍妮,實際上。
Dad, you okay?
爸爸,你好嗎?
I'm sorry, it's just... you look exactly like this old friend of mine that I...
對不起,隻是…… 你和我這個老朋友長得一模一樣,我……
Adaline Bowman.
阿達琳鮑曼。
That's my mother.
那是我的媽媽。
You joking? Really?
你在開玩笑?真的嗎?
Yeah. Oh, my gosh!
是的。天啊!
Did you know her? Yeah! Yeah!
你認識她嗎?是的!是的!
We were very close, I... I knew her in London.
我們很親近,我……我在倫敦認識她。
Yeah, yes she lived there in the 60s.
是的,是的,她在 60 年代住在那裡。
Right before she, ah... moved to Paris and met my father.
就在她之前,啊...... 搬到巴黎并遇到了我的父親。
Incredible, what are the odds?
難以置信,幾率有多大?
Wow, wow.
哇,哇。
The resemblance is absolutely amazing. You must hear it all the time.
這種相似性絕對是驚人的。你必須一直聽到它。
For as long as I can remember.
隻要我記得。
Wow! We were very close.
哇!我們非常接近。
You've just said that already. I don't believe you never mentioned her.
你剛才已經說過了。我不相信你從來沒有提到過她。
Oh, yeah, I must've...
哦,是的,我必須...
No, no... no, I remember your close, close friends.
不,不……不,我記得你的親密朋友。
How she doin'?
她怎麼樣?
She passed away... 6 years ago.
她去世了…… 6 年前。
No, really?
不完全是?
Oh, wow, I'm so sorry.
哦,哇,我很抱歉。
An extraordinary woman.
一個非凡的女人。
Yeah, well, it runs in the family.
是的,嗯,它在家庭中運作。
Come on, want something to eat? Yeah.
來,想吃點東西嗎?是的。
Yeah, I made cheesecake.
是的,我做了芝士蛋糕。
We're kinda tired actually.
我們其實有點累。
I think we'll head up, if that's okay with you?
我想我們會擡起頭來,如果你同意的話?
Me too. Really?
我也是。真的嗎?
All right, I have you in the back bedrooms.
好的,我讓你在後卧室。
Ha! You're in the back.
哈!你在後面。
Hey. Hey.
嘿。嘿。
It's so nice to meet you.
很高興認識你。
Dad... Oh, hey.. hey, Baby.
爸爸...哦,嘿...嘿,寶貝。
Miss.
錯過。
You know, you keep doing that, you gonna flood your engine.
你知道,你繼續這樣做,你會淹沒你的引擎。
Thank you, thank you for the useful tip.
謝謝,謝謝你的有用提示。
Well, you gonna get one hell of a tan at least.
好吧,你至少會曬黑。
I'm sorry, I've done everything I could to get this thing started.
對不起,我已經盡我所能讓這件事開始了。
It won't work.
它不會工作。
All right, all it needs is a push-start.
好吧,它所需要的隻是一個推動。
Just loose the brake, I'll give you a push, Pop your clutch and you'll take off.
松開刹車,我給你一推, 拉開離合器,你就可以起飛了。
Ready? Ready, you ready?
準備好?準備好了嗎?
Okay. Okay.
好的。好的。
Okay! Now pop your clutch.
好的!現在彈出你的離合器。
Thank you!
謝謝!
You're welcome.
别客氣。
They would spend the next five weeks together.
在接下來的五個星期裡,他們将一起度過。
And Adaline did something that she promised herself she would never do.
而阿達琳做了一件她向自己承諾永遠不會做的事。
You know, you... you still haven't told me your name.
你知道,你……你還沒有告訴我你的名字。
But my friends tell me Della. That's beautiful.
但是我的朋友告訴我德拉。那好美麗。
Three weeks later, his semester completed, William flew home to the United States.
三周後,他的學期結束了,威廉飛回了美國的家。
Adaline, came with him.
阿達琳,和他一起來了。
Hey.
嘿。
How'd you sleep?
你睡得怎麼樣?
Fine. Good.
美好的。好的。
Sorry about last night, I didn't mean to embarrass you, it's just...
昨晚對不起,我不是故意讓你難堪,隻是……
I must be losin' it.
我一定是失去了它。
It's okay.
沒關系。
Hey! When did you come up?
嘿!你什麼時候上來的?
Not too late, I read for a while. Hmm...
不晚,我讀了一會兒。唔...
Hi, Baby. Mwah!
嗨寶貝。哇!
Where's Jenny? She'll be down in a sec.
珍妮在哪裡?她一會兒就下來。
She was up all night, tossing and turning.
她徹夜未眠,輾轉反側。
You know, you've never told us how you guys met.
你知道,你從來沒有告訴過我們你們是怎麼認識的。
We met in an elevator on New Year's Eve.
我們在除夕夜的電梯裡認識的。
You want some coffee? No, thank you.
你想喝咖啡嗎?不,謝謝。
But, I'd seen her once before that.
但是,在那之前我見過她一次。
It was at the library, she was reading a book on Braille and I just I knew she was an original.
那是在圖書館,她正在讀一本關于盲文的書,我隻 知道她是原著。
Here you go, Baby. So was her mom.
給你,寶貝。她媽媽也是。
How did you meet her mother?
你是怎麼認識她媽媽的?
It was outside London. Her car broke down, I helped her fix it.
它在倫敦郊外。她的車壞了,我幫她修好了。
So, she was English? Oh, no, no she was just there studying French.
那麼,她是英國人嗎?哦,不,不,她隻是在那裡學習法語。
Spoke like what, four languages? I think so.
說話像什麼,四種語言?我認同。
Wow. Yeah.
哇。是的。
Jenny's brilliant with languages, too. Really?
珍妮在語言方面也很出色。真的嗎?
So, how old were you when you met her?
那麼,你認識她的時候幾歲?
Oh, I was about, uh...
哦,我是關于,呃...
Let's see, that was the second year of med school, so I was like...
讓我們看看,那是醫學院的第二年,是以我就像......
Twenty-six.
二十六。
I was thinkin' about quitting medicine... bored.
我正在考慮戒藥……無聊。
But I was...
但我是...
I was afraid I was too old to start over.
我怕我太老了,不能重新開始。
I told...
我告訴...
I told Adaline about it and she laughed in my face.
我把這件事告訴了阿達琳,她當着我的面笑了。
She said, Go for it, don't be silly, life's too short.
”她說,“去吧,别傻了,人生苦短。
Wasn't for her I'd probably wouldn't've found astronomy, physics.
如果不是她,我可能不會找到天文學、實體學。
She was only couple of years older than I was but she was so wise.
她隻比我大幾歲,但她非常聰明。
She was so...
她是那麼...
I don't know... sophisticated.
我不知道……複雜。
She, uh...
她,呃...
What? Honey? That's enough, William.
什麼?蜂蜜?夠了,威廉。
What? What's... what's cooking?
什麼?什麼……在煮什麼?
What, you think this is funny?
什麼,你覺得這很有趣嗎?
What do you mean? I'm do... What did I do?
你是什麼意思?我是……我做了什麼?
You were very close, you were very close, you said that to me twice now.
你很親近,你很親近,你現在對我說了兩次。
And you should see your face when you talk about her.
當你談論她時,你應該看到你的臉。
Are you going to wax nostalgic this whole god damn weekend?
你打算在整個該死的周末懷舊嗎?
Look, it's just that... she looks so much like her mother that... that I'm remembering things that I didn't even know I remembered.
聽着,隻是…… 她和她媽媽太像了…… 以至于我想起了一些我什至不知道自己記得的事情。
Well, I'd hate feeling like second choice.
好吧,我讨厭感覺自己是第二選擇。
What do you mean? Especially this weekend.
你是什麼意思?尤其是這個周末。
Second choice? Yes.
第二選擇?是的。
Forty years, Baby, come on...
四十年,寶貝,來吧...
Second choice? Uh-uh.
第二選擇?嗯嗯。
Honey, you're blowing this all out of proportion.
親愛的,你把這一切都誇大了。
Am I?
我是嗎?
Are you jealous?
你吃醋了嗎?
Yeah, as a matter of fact.
是的,事實上。
Look, look, it was fleeting, inconsequential.
看,看,它轉瞬即逝, 無關緊要。
Sounded like you were more than that.
聽起來你不止于此。
I love you.
我愛你。
I love you, too. Come on.
我也愛你。來吧。
I'm coming!
我來了!
It's not the most romantic weekend.
這還不是最浪漫的周末。
Thanks for being such a good sport.
謝謝你這麼好的運動。
Of course! I promise I'll make it up to ya.
當然!我保證我會補償你的。
Sorry about my dad, it's really embarrassing.
對不起我爸,真的很丢臉。
He's lovely.
他很可愛。
Yeah, your mom must've really been something.
是的,你媽媽一定很厲害。
Yeah, she was.
是的,她是。
Kikki!
奇奇!
So, guys, Dad is running a 47 game winning streak.
是以,夥計們,爸爸正在取得 47 連勝。
All the money I spent on your education, I was hoping for stronger competition.
我花在你教育上的所有錢,我都希望有更激烈的競争。
Have you played this before? No never.
你以前玩過這個嗎?沒有永不。
Kikki, come on! Do I have to?
琪琪,加油!我一定要嗎?
The idea is to get enough of these little wedges.
我們的想法是獲得足夠的這些小楔子。
Pie. They're cheese.
餡餅。他們是奶酪。
They're wedges, you get enough of 'em to fill-up your circle then you win, okay?
它們是楔子,你得到足夠的它們來填滿你的圈子然後你赢了,好嗎?
Most of the questions are about this stupid stuff.
大多數問題都是關于這個愚蠢的東西。
Hence the word "Trivial".
是以有了“瑣碎”這個詞。
Yeah, like here's an example for you, umm...
是的,就像這裡有一個例子給你,嗯...
On June 22, 1938, this American boxer retained his heavyweight championship
“1938年6月22日,這位美國拳擊手保住了他的重量級冠軍”
when he beat Max Schmeling in the first round.
“當他在第一輪擊敗 Max Schmeling 時。”
Well, that is a tough one. I know, what do you think?
嗯,這是一個艱難的。我知道,你怎麼看?
Sony Liston?
索尼利斯頓?
Joe Louis. Good guess though, really.
喬路易斯。很好的猜測,真的。
Women and boxing, it's cute.
女人和拳擊,很可愛。
Excuse me, do you know what then?
對不起,你知道嗎?
You know what, finally ladies we're on the team.
你知道嗎,女士們,我們終于加入了團隊。
Here, roll the die. Here we go. - All right.
在這裡,擲骰子。開始了。- 好的。
Here we go.
開始了。
Women are pink.
女人是粉紅色的。
Women are pink?
女人是粉紅色的?
Who was the first United States President to be born in a hospital.
“誰是第一位在醫院出生的美國總統。”
Jimmy Carter.
吉米卡特。
That's fast.
這很快。
Beginners luck. I don't think so, try again.
初學者的運氣。我不這麼認為,再試一次。
At what event did the 'Hula Hoop' make its debut?
“‘呼啦圈’在什麼活動中首次亮相?”
In 1956, at the World's Fair in Schenectady, New York.
1956 年,在紐約斯克内克塔迪的世界博覽會上。
1956 World's Fair, Schenectady, New York.
1956 年世界博覽會,紐約斯克内克塔迪。
Oh, my God.
我的天啊。
Nice one! Wow.
好東西!哇。
Cheese. Pie.
起司。餡餅。
Wedge.
楔。
All right, come on, do this.
好吧,來吧,做這個。
Oh, a lotta pressure.
哦,很大的壓力。
Smell somethin', like your winning streak going up in smoke?
聞到什麼味道,就像你的連勝紀錄化為泡影?
We've got this family joke, what would happen first, Dad loses in Trivial Pursuit, or Della finally appears?
我們有這個家庭笑話,首先會發生什麼, 爸爸在瑣碎的追求中輸了,還是德拉終于出現了?
Della?
德拉?
Yeah, you remember the comet I told you about, the one that my dad discovered?
是的,你記得我告訴過你的那顆彗星,我爸爸發現的那顆彗星嗎?
He named it Della C 1981, after my great Aunt Adele.
他以 我偉大的阿黛爾姨媽的名字将它命名為 Della C 1981 。
Okay, let's go. Yeah?
好吧,我們走。是的?
Dad, come on. Here we go.
爸爸,來吧。開始了。
Jenny.
珍妮。
For the win...
為了勝利...
Of what country was Albert Einstein offered the presidency in 1952?
“阿爾伯特·愛因斯坦在 1952 年被任命為哪個國家的總統?”
Israel.
以色列。
It's okay, I still love you.
沒關系,我還是愛你的。
How does it feel dad? Are you sad?
爸爸感覺如何?你傷心嗎?
I'm all right.
我很好。
Let's look at page 2, okay? That's section 3, paragraph H.
讓我們看看第 2 頁,好嗎?那是第 3 節,H 段。
I'm sorry. It's okay, I'm going for a walk.
抱歉。沒關系,我去散步。
Yes, let's look at 10... 10.
是的,讓我們看看 10...10。
How many stars do you think there are in our galaxy?
你認為我們的銀河系中有多少顆恒星?
I don't know, five hundred million.
我不知道,五億。
Coupla hundred billion.
耦合千億。
Plato believed that every soul has a companion star it that returns to after death... if you lived a moral life.
柏拉圖相信每個靈魂都有一顆伴星,它會在死後回歸…… 如果你過着道德生活。
You believe that?
你相信嗎?
No, no, I'm a...
不,不,我是一個...
I'm a scientist, Plato was a philosopher... poet.
我是科學家,柏拉圖是哲學家……詩人。
Why did you name your Comet after my mother?
你為什麼用我媽媽的名字給你的彗星命名?
If my calculations were correct, that turned out to be wrong, it would've been the closest approach to Earth of any comet in 200 years.
如果我的計算是正确的,結果證明是錯誤的, 這将是 200 年來最接近地球的彗星。
In other words, like your mother, a near miss.
換句話說,就像你的母親,有驚無險。
What does that mean?
這意味着什麼?
I was gonna propose her.
我要向她求婚。
I had... I had an engagement ring in my pocket.
我有……我的口袋裡有一枚訂婚戒指。
She stood me up.
她讓我站起來。
Near miss.
有驚無險。
William.
威廉。
She loved you, too.
她也愛你。
Wow.
哇。
We just met, right? I know that.
我們剛認識,對吧?我知道。
Yeah, I should probably shut up right now.
是的,我現在應該閉嘴了。
I'll just shut up.
我就閉嘴。
Come on, what?
來,什麼?
I... I... I... I just gotta tell you the truth, I...
我……我……我……我必須告訴你真相,我……
I can't imagine my life without you.
我無法想象沒有你我的生活。
I know it's probably the last thing wanna hear right now, but,
我知道這可能是現在最不想聽到的,但是,
I'm falling in love with you, Jenny.
我愛上你了,珍妮。
I can't help it.
我沒辦法
I don't know what to say.
我不知道該說些什麼。
I deal with all of this with respect.
我以尊重的态度對待這一切。
Please, do not say anything, all right? I just wanted you to know how I feel.
拜托,什麼都别說,好嗎?我隻是想讓你知道我的感受。
Oh, hello. Jenny.
哦你好。珍妮。
Do you know where everyone went?
你知道大家都去哪兒了嗎?
Yeah, Kathy and Kikki went to the market and Ellis went for a... for a run.
是的,Kathy 和 Kikki 去了市場,而 Ellis 去了……跑步。
Well, okay. You have a bug in your hair.
哦,那好吧。你的頭發有蟲子。
It's all right, it's a... What it is?
沒關系,這是一個……是什麼?
It's a ladybug.
是瓢蟲。
They say they're good luck.
他們說他們很幸運。
Did you get it?
你明白了嗎?
Got it. Thank you.
知道了。謝謝你。
Please tell Ellis that I went for a walk.
請告訴埃利斯我去散步了。
Della, you okay? Oh, my God!
德拉,你還好嗎?我的天啊!
This is gonna sting. Okay, okay.
這會刺痛。好吧好吧。
Don't worry, we'll fix you up.
别擔心,我們會幫你解決的。
Oh! Oh!
哦!哦!
Excuse me... hi.
對不起……嗨。
Do you mind taking our photo? Sure.
你介意拍我們的照片嗎?當然。
Okay, I don't, I don't.
好吧,我不,我不。
It's going to be great. I don't want it.
這會很棒。我不要。
Wadya mean you don't want it? No, we're wasting film.
Wadya 的意思是你不想要它?不,我們在浪費膠卷。
I'm just really shy.
我隻是真的很害羞。
Three, two, one...
三二一...
I know.
我知道。
I know who you are, Adaline.
我知道你是誰,阿達琳。
The scar... the same scar, I stitched it myself.
那個疤……還是那個疤,我自己縫的。
The truth.
真相。
I thought I was losing my mind.
我以為我要失去理智了。
How? How is this possible?
如何?這怎麼可能?
I don't... I don't know.
我不……我不知道。
I...I, I was normal.
我……我,我很正常。
And then one day... I just stopped.
然後有一天……我停了下來。
I wanted to tell you so badly, but I couldn't.
我很想告訴你,但我不能。
You know what they'd do to me, I...
你知道他們會對我做什麼,我...
I would have been a... Curiosity.
我本來是一個......好奇心。
A specimen. Yes.
一個标本。是的。
That's why you left? That's why you... disappeared?
這就是你離開的原因?這就是為什麼你……消失了?
You can't imagine how much it hurt.
你無法想象它有多痛。
I think, I... I think I can.
我想,我……我想我可以。
You've never told anyone? No.
你從來沒有告訴過任何人?不。
If I had, it would have been Ellis.
如果我有,那就是埃利斯。
Don't, don't run away.
不要,不要跑。
Don't disappear again, please... for Ellis.
别再消失了,求求你……為了埃利斯。
Adaline... Please.
阿達琳...拜托了。
All these years, you've lived but you've never had a life.
這麼多年,你活着,卻從未有過生命。
Please, for yourself, for Ellis, stay, Adaline.
為了你自己,為了埃利斯,請留下來,阿達琳。
I don't know how.
我不知道怎麼做
Don't run away, Adaline. Adaline!
不要逃跑,阿達琳。阿達琳!
Adaline!
阿達琳!
Adaline don't, don't. Adaline, please.
阿達琳不要,不要。艾達琳,請。
Please don't do this.
請不要這樣做。
Adaline, don't. Think about Ellis, please!
阿達琳,不要。請想想埃利斯!
Adaline, please! Adaline!
阿達琳,請!阿達琳!
Ellis, I'm so sorry. I can't do this. I can't explain. Jenny.
埃利斯,我很抱歉。我不能這樣做。我無法解釋。珍妮。
Dad! Dad!
爸爸!爸爸!
Dad, where're your keys?
爸爸,你的鑰匙呢?
She's gone.
她走了。
She's not coming back, Son.
她不會回來了,兒子。
What just happened? What, what... what is this?
剛才發生了什麼?什麼,什麼……這是什麼?
Dad, what the hell did you say to her? Nothing.
爸,你到底對她說了什麼?沒有什麼。
She can't explain.
她無法解釋。
Please tell me what she said.
請告訴我她說了什麼。
She's not capable. Of what?
她沒有能力。什麼?
Of change.
的變化。
Do you love her?
你愛她嗎?
Son?
兒子?
Listen to me. Do you love her?
聽我說。你愛她嗎?
Yes.
How do you know?
你怎麼知道?
Dad, I don't... It's a simple question.
爸爸,我不……這是一個簡單的問題。
Because nothing makes sense without her.
因為沒有她,一切都沒有意義。
Hello. Oh.
你好。哦。
Darling, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to wake you.
親愛的,對不起,我不是故意吵醒你的。
Everything okay? No, no... I just wanted to tell you...
一切都好?不,不……我隻是想告訴你……
You're right, no more running.
你說得對,别再跑了。
Mom? I'll call you tomorrow, okay?
媽媽?我明天給你打電話,好嗎?
I am so happy to hear that. I love you.
我很高興聽到這個。我愛你。
I love you too. Bye.
我也愛你。再見。
Bye, Mama.
再見,媽媽。
The moon is responsible for much of what takes place on the surface of the Earth.
月球對地球表面發生的大部分事情負有責任。
A stray meteor hit the Moon in 1178.
1178 年,一顆流星撞擊月球。
The resulting concussion would cause extreme tides on every lunar phase in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina.
由此産生的震蕩将 在阿根廷火地島的每個月相引起極端潮汐。
A 23% rise in the mean tide on this night produced a storm 2000 miles off the Pacific coast, causing an increase in amount of molecular ionization in the atmosphere.
當晚平均潮汐上升 23%,在 太平洋沿岸 2000 英裡外産生了一場風暴, 導緻大氣中分子電離量增加。
And for the first time in 78 years, snow fell in this part of Sonoma County.
78 年來, 索諾瑪縣這一地區首次降雪。
In the first stages of hypothermia, the body will try to generate heat through shivering.
在體溫過低的第一階段, 身體會試圖通過顫抖來産生熱量。
When this fails, it would decrease the flow of blood to the extremities.
當這失敗時,它會減少流向四肢的血液。
Metabolism slows to a crawl.
新陳代謝減慢到爬行。
You're dying, but you don't know it.
你快死了,但你不知道。
In the final stages... the victim only breathes once or twice a minute.
在最後階段…… 受害者每分鐘隻呼吸一兩次。
A state of suspended animation.
一種假死狀态。
At 10:07 p.m., Adaline Bowman's core temperature had dropped to 87 degrees.
晚上 10 點 07 分,Adaline Bowman 的核心溫度已降至 87 度。
Her heart stopped beating.
她的心髒停止了跳動。
At last, at the age of one hundred and seven, Adaline Bowman was, by any definition, dead.
終于,在一百零七歲的時候 ,無論怎樣定義,阿達琳·鮑曼都死了。
At precisely 10:09 p.m., paramedics placed two defibrillator paddles on Adaline Bowman's chest.
晚上 10 點 09 分,護理人員 在 Adaline Bowman 的胸部放置了兩個除顫器槳。
They counted the prescribed 5 seconds before administering 750 volts of electricity.
他們在管理 750 伏特的電力之前計算了規定的 5 秒。
How is she?
We've just run a series of tests and don't see any long term damage.
我們剛剛進行了一系列測試,沒有看到任何長期損害。
It's quite remarkable, in fact.
事實上,這是非常了不起的。
Is she awake? Can I go see her?
她醒了嗎?我可以去看她嗎?
She's exhausted but you might be able to get in a few words.
她已經筋疲力盡了,但你也許可以說幾句。
Okay, thank you.
好的謝謝。
Hi. Hey!
你好。嘿!
I know why you ran away.
我知道你為什麼逃跑。
You do?
你做?
It's because of what I said to you last night, isn't it?
是因為我昨晚對你說的,對嗎?
I told you I loved you.
我告訴過你我愛你。
And you got scared, I shouldn't... Come here, I love you.
你害怕了,我不應該......過來,我愛你。
Come here, come here, I love you.
過來,過來,我愛你。
I love you, too.
我也愛你。
There's something else.
還有一點。
What? What is it?
什麼?它是什麼?
Well, first, my name isn't Jenny.
嗯,首先,我的名字不是珍妮。
My God, what happened?
我的天,怎麼了?
Nothing, nothing, an accident, I'm fine. Okay?
沒什麼,沒什麼,意外,我很好。好的?
But... Hey...
但是……喂……
I'm better than fine. Okay?
我還好。好的?
This is Ellis. Hello.
這是埃利斯。你好。
He's the man, I've been telling you about.
他就是那個人,我一直在告訴你。
Nice to meet you.
I'm Jenny's grandmother.
我是珍妮的祖母。
He knows.
他知道。
Hey, everybody, I don't wanna ruin the party, but I wanna say something.
嘿,大家,我不想毀了派對,但我想說點什麼。
First of all, thanks for being here.
首先,感謝您來到這裡。
Kathy and I are really grateful that you could all be here.
凱西和我真的很感激你們能在這裡。
It means a lot to us that you would be here and to help us celebrate the first... first 40 years of our marriage.
你會在這裡幫助 我們慶祝我們結婚的第一個……第一個 40 年,這對我們來說意義重大。
When I first met this lovely lady, back in the olden days, I had a... I had a pretty good idea what I wanted to do in my job, but I didn't really... know what I wanted to... be as a man when I grew up, if I ever grew up.
回到過去, 當我第一次見到這位可愛的女士時,我有一個......我非常清楚我想在我的工作中做什麼, 但我并沒有真正...... 知道我想要什麼。 .. 長大後要像個男人,如果我長大了。
But the commitment that she made... to our marriage and to our family, to me... the... quality of her love... led me to understand that I could have no greater ambition... in life, than to be the best possible husband I could be for her.
但是她 對我們的婚姻、對我們的家庭、對我 所做的承諾……她的……愛的品質…… 讓我明白我不可能有更大的野心…… 在生活中,而不是成為最好的丈夫,我可以成為她。
And I'm still working on it.
我還在努力。
So here's to Kathy, love of my life, mate of my soul, mother of my lovely children.
是以這是凱西,我生命中的摯愛, 我靈魂的伴侶,我可愛孩子的母親。
To Kathy.
給凱西。
One year later.
一年之後。
We are back, live in Times Square.
我們回來了,住在時代廣場。
And now, only a few minutes from the moment we've all been waiting for, ... drop ball... to 2016. There ya are, Honey, good girl. Yeah.
而現在,距離我們一直在等待的那一刻, ......落球......到 2016 年隻有幾分鐘的時間。你來了,親愛的,好女孩。是的。
Hey, you guys, you better hurry up, you're gonna be late for the event.
嘿,夥計們,你們最好快點,你們活動要遲到了。
Yeah, I've been ready for 10 minutes. Oh, so handsome.
是的,我已經準備好了 10 分鐘。好帥哦
Thank you. I'm ready, too.
謝謝你。我也準備好了
Wow. I just need this zipped.
哇。我隻需要這個壓縮包。
Are you sure you don't wanna come with us?
你确定不想跟我們一起去嗎?
I'm positive.
我很樂觀。
I've got my date, right here. Come here, Baby.
我有約會對象,就在這裡。過來,寶貝。
I love you. Love you.
我愛你。愛你。
I have to grab my clutch. Oh, and my camera.
我必須抓住我的離合器。哦,還有我的相機。
He's getting so big. Yeah.
他變得這麼大了。是的。
Adaline, you okay?
阿達琳,你還好嗎?
Perfect.
完美的。
The instant Adaline's heart was struck by the defibrillator paddles, the telomere structures in her genes regained their pliability, Causing her to resume the natural course of aging.
Adaline 的心髒被除顫器擊中的那一刻, 她基因中的端粒結構恢複了它們的柔韌性, 使她恢複了自然衰老過程。
William was right after all, the comet, Della C 1981, finally did return.
畢竟威廉是對的, 彗星,Della C 1981,終于回來了。
A half century late. But as bright and magnificent as he had predicted.
晚了半個世紀。卻如他所預料的那樣光彩奪目。