Canker sores: understand the cause, relieve pain, and prevent recurrence
Canker sores are a common oral condition that often manifests as sores and pain in the oral mucosa. Although it does not usually pose a serious threat to physical health, recurrent or prolonged incursions may affect quality of life.
This article will take you through the causes, treatments, preventive measures, and health recommendations for mouth sores.
I. Definition and Symptoms of Canker Sores, also known as aphthous sores, are an ulcerative injury confined to the oral mucosa. Patients usually develop round or oval ulcers on the oral mucosa with pain, burning, redness, and swelling. The incidence of mouth sores is high and can occur at different ages.
Second, the causes and precipitating factors of mouth ulcers The causes and precipitating factors of mouth ulcers are diverse, and the following are some common factors:
1. Stress and anxiety: Long-term high-pressure or anxious emotions can easily cause mouth ulcers.
2. Decreased immunity: When immunity is low, the oral mucosa is susceptible to viral and bacterial infections, which can cause mouth sores.
3. Genetic factors: Canker ulcers have obvious familial clustering and may be related to heredity.
4. Improper diet: Consuming too many spicy, irritating foods or vitamin deficiencies can also lead to mouth sores.
5. Oral infections: such as herpes virus infection, Candida albicans infection, etc., may also cause mouth ulcers.
Third, the treatment of mouth ulcers The treatment of mouth ulcers is mainly divided into two parts: drug treatment and lifestyle adjustment.
1. Drug treatment: mild mouth ulcers can use local drugs, such as anti-inflammatory and analgesic sprays, ointments, etc.; Severe or long-term recurrent mouth sores may require medication and specialist treatment.
2. Dietary adjustment: During mouth ulcers, patients should avoid irritating foods and drinks, such as spicy, sweet and sour, hard foods, etc. It is recommended to drink plenty of water and eat light and easily digestible foods, such as porridge, noodles, etc.
3. Lifestyle habits: maintain adequate sleep and avoid overwork; Relax the mind and reduce stress; Pay attention to oral hygiene, brush your teeth and rinse your mouth regularly.
Prevention and health care of mouth ulcers The key to preventing mouth ulcers is to eliminate the causes and take the following health care measures:
1. Eat a balanced diet: Keep your diet varied and make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals, especially B and C.
2. Stress relief: Learn to allocate time reasonably, relax the body, and relieve stress through exercise, meditation and other ways.
3. Adjust your schedule: Maintain a regular schedule, avoid staying up late, and ensure adequate sleep.
4. Enhance immunity: Improve immunity through reasonable diet and exercise, and try to avoid overwork.
5. Develop good habits: such as brushing your teeth regularly and rinsing your mouth to avoid oral infections; Use irritating foods and drinks in moderation to avoid damaging the oral mucosa.
In conclusion, mouth ulcers are a common oral disease, and patients should understand their causes, causes, and treatments. By adjusting your diet, lifestyle habits and mental state, and taking appropriate preventive health care measures, you can help reduce the risk of canker sores. If you have any doubts or worsen your symptoms, please seek medical attention in time. #Healthy oral knowledge# #Tongue to see a doctor early know# #Health# #I want to be on micro headlines# #Canker ulcers#
参考文献：1. Scully C, Carrozzo M, Loddenkemper T, El-Naggar A, editors. Oral manifestations of HIV infection. 3rd ed. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2016.
2. Chen Y, Li X, Wang Y, et al. Association between stress and ulcerative colitis-related quality of life: a meta-analysis of observational studies. Clin Exp Gastroenterol. 2020; 13:47–55.