天天看點

10個非常難讀的英文名字 Ten challenging names to pronounce

視訊加載中...

Hey everyone, it's Hadar.

大家好,我是 Hadar。

Thank you so much for joining me.

非常感謝你們的收看。

Today we are going to talk about 10 challenging names to pronounce, if you are a non-native speaker of English.

今天我們将讨論 10 個對非母語人士來說很難發音的英文名字。

In this video, we're going to talk about the names, how to pronounce them, and cool tips that are going to help you with pronunciation challenges, not just when it comes to pronouncing those names, but when it comes to speaking in general.

在這個視訊中,我們将讨論這些名字的發音技巧,以及教你這些難讀音節的發音技巧,讓你在說其它單詞時也能感到更容易。

If you don't know me yet, my name is Hadar, and I'm a non-native speaker of English.

如果你還不認識我,我是 Hadar,我是非英語母語者。

And I am here to help you speak English with clarity, confidence, freedom, and joy.

我在這裡幫助你清晰、自信、自由和快樂地說英語。

Yes, it is possible.

沒錯,你完全可以做到。

And I invite you to come and say hi on Instagram.

歡迎到 Instagram 上私信我。

You can find me at @hadar. accentsway, where I share a lot of free tips and secrets, secrets, fun secrets.

你可以在@hadar. accentswy 找到我,在那裡我分享了很多免費、有趣的英語學習秘訣。

Anyway, let's get started with a first name.

讓我們從第一個名字開始吧。

The first name is Arthur, Arthur.

第一個名字是亞瑟。

We have an R, we have a TH, we have a schwa, all of the good stuff in one name.

這個單詞裡有一個 R 和一個 TH,還有一個弱讀音節,所有的難發音音節都在這個單詞裡。

Arthur.

/ˈɑːθə(r)/。

You start with R as in car, drop your jaw, round the lips just a bit.

從“car”中的 R 音開始,放下你的下巴,噘起嘴唇。

Keep the tongue down, don't lift it up as you pronounce the 'aa' sound, 'ar'.

保持舌頭向下,當你發“aa”音時,不要擡起舌頭。

And then lift the tongue up in the back until you hear the R sound.

然後從後面提起舌頭,直到你聽到 R 音。

Stick the tongue out for the TH, it's a soft TH, just air, 'ar-thr'.

把舌頭伸出來發 TH 音,這是一個和空氣接觸、輕柔的 TH 音,“ar-thr”。

And then pull it back to the R.

然後拉回 R 音。

There is no 'u' sound, even though it's spelled with a U, there is no U - 'ar-thr'.

雖然這裡有 U,但沒有“u”的發音。

It's called a schwa, and you can learn more about it if you click the link in the show notes in the description.

它被稱為弱讀元音,點選描述中的注釋中連結,可以了解更多關于它的資訊。

Arthur.

/ˈɑːθə(r)/。

Primary stress is on the first syllable, AR-thur.

主要重音是在第一個音節,/ˈɑːθə(r)/。

The next name is Rory, Rory.

下一個名字是羅裡。

Yes, more R's.

這裡有更多的 R 音。

We start with an R sound, then it's the 'or' as in four.

我們從 R 音開始,然後是“four”中的“or”音。

So R, and then 'aw', keep the tongue down.

先是 R 音,然後是“aw”,舌頭向下。

And then another R, round the lips, bring the tongue up, and finish it up with a high E, pull the lips to the sides of it.

然後另一個 R 音,噘起嘴唇,舌頭向上,用一個高 E 音結束它,把嘴唇拉到嘴唇的兩側。

'raw-ri', 'raw-ri'.

/'rɔ:ri/。

One of the things that happens when we have an R, and then another vowel and an R is that we tend to keep the tongue up, and then the entire word sounds muffled, like 'rory'.

當兩個 R 音之間有一個元音時,我們傾向于把舌頭擡起,然後整個單詞聽起來都很悶,比如'rory'。

Is this the case for you?

你是不是也是這樣?

Because if it is, let me know in the comments, I need to know about it.

是的話請在評論中告訴我?

Okay?

好嗎?

So, and if it is the case, then the secret is to bring the tongue up for the R, bring it down for the vowel 'raw', it has to be down, and then bring it up again for the R, 'raw-ri'.

這種情況下的秘訣就是:發 R 音的時候要擡起舌頭,發“raw”這個元音的時候要放下舌頭,然後再次擡起舌頭發 R 音。

Rory.

/'rɔ:ri/。

"I talked to Rory last night." "Have you seen what happened to Rory?" Rory.

“昨晚我和羅裡談過了。”“你看到羅裡的遭遇了嗎?”/'rɔ:ri/。

Then we have the name Cory.

下一個是科裡這個名字。

Cory is very similar, it rhymes with Rory.

Cory 和 Rory 的發音很相似。

A little easier, cause we don't have an R at the beginning.

但它稍微簡單一點,因為開頭沒有 R 音。

Start with a 'k' sound, then the 'or' as in four, 'kor'.

Cory 的發音以“k”開頭,然後是“four”中“or”的發音。

'kori'.

/'kɔ:ri:/。

"Cory and Rory are eating ice cream".

"科裡和羅裡正在吃冰淇淋。"

Cory and Rory.

/'kɔ:ri:/、/'rɔ:ri/。

Cory and Rory.

科裡和羅裡。

The next name is Jonathan.

下一個名字是喬納森。

Very common, but I do know that some people confuse this name, and I've been asked about this name in the past.

這個名字很常見,但有些人會混淆這個名字,過去也有人問過我這個名字。

So, Jonathan: it starts with a 'j' sound, that the 'aa' as in father, 'jaa'.

Jonathan 以一個“j”音開頭,然後是“father”中的“aa”音,“jaa”。

And then 'nuh', and N sound and a schwa, not an 'aa' sound, but just a really reduced sound, 'jaa-nuh'.

然後是“nuh”、N 音和一個弱讀音,不是“aa”音,隻是一個略讀的音,'jaa-nuh'。

And then 'thn', no vowel in the middle, 'thn', 'thn', 'thn', right.

然後是“thn”,中間沒有元音。

It's kind of like, you want to bring the tongue out for the TH and then pull it in really quickly for the N, 'thn', 'thn', 'thn'.

發 TH 音的時候舌頭要伸出來,發 N 音的時候舌頭要迅速收起來

'jaa-nuh-thn'.

/ˈdʒɒnəθən/。

Jonathan.

/ˈdʒɒnəθən/。

"I talked to Jonathan last night".

"我昨晚和喬納森談過了。"

Jonathan.

/ˈdʒɒnəθən/。

The next name is Carl.

下一個名字是卡爾。

In the first place I worked in New York City one of the owners was named Carl.

我剛開始在紐約工作時,有一個房東的名字叫卡爾。

And back then I wasn't very much in control of all the sounds of English.

那時我還不能很好的控制所有的英文發音。

And I remember that this name was so hard for me to pronounce.

我記得這個名字對我來說很難發音。

So I actually practiced it because I didn't want to embarrass myself calling him for help: "Hey, I have a problem with a cash register, Car... Car-l".

是以我真的練習了,因為我不想在打電話給他求助時感到很尴尬:“嘿,我有一個收銀機的問題,Car…Car-l”。

He wouldn't know I'm referring to him.

他沒聽出來我是在叫他。

So I had to practice saying this name again and again and again.

是以我不得不練習一遍又一遍地練習這個名字的發音。

The reason why it's so tricky is because there is an R sound, and then a dark L.

之是以這麼難,是因為這裡有一個 R 音和邊音。

And sometimes this combination is challenging for new speakers of English.

有時這種組合對英語初學者來說是一種挑戰。

So you start with a word "car", 'Kar', and then you lift the tongue up for the R, 'Kar'.

是以你從單詞“car”開始,然後把舌頭擡起發出 R 音,“Kar”。

Make sure the tip of the tongue doesn't touch anything: 'Kar'.

確定舌尖不接觸任何東西:'Kar'。

And then as you pronounce the R sound, you want to create tension in the back for the dark L, 'Karl'.

當你發 R 音的時候,你要在後面為低沉的邊音制造張力。

That is the transition, just make sure that you're giving the R enough time so it doesn't move automatically to the L, 'Kal', but 'Karl'.

這就是過渡,隻要確定你給 R 足夠的時間,這樣它就不會自動移動到 L 音,不是“Kal”,而是“Karl”。

If it's challenging, just practice this transition, R to L, R to L, 'Karl'.

如果你覺得這很難,就練習 R 到 L 的過渡。

Good.

很好。

The next name is Ethan.

下一個名字是伊森。

Ethan.

/ˈiːθən/。

This name has two syllables.

這個名字有兩個音節。

The first syllable is 'ee', like the beginning of the word "eat".

第一個音節是“ee”,就像單詞“eat”的開頭一樣。

And then it's a TH sound and an N, 'thn', 'thn', just like 'jaa-nuh-thn', 'thn'.

然後是 TH 音和一個 N 音,就像“Jonathan”裡的 thn 一樣。

'ee-thn', 'ee-thn'.

/ˈiːθən/。

Just make sure that you stick the tongue out for the TH and you relax it, so the air actually comes out as you pronounce the TH.

發 TH 音的時候一定要把舌頭伸出來,然後放松,這樣在發 TH 音的時候空氣就出來了。

Ethan.

/ˈiːθən/。

The next name is Barbara.

下一個名字是芭芭拉。

Barbara.

/ˈbɑːb(ə)rə/。

This name has two syllables.

這個名字有兩個音節。

The first syllable is 'bar', 'bar': start with a B sound, close your lips, 'bar'.

第一個音節是“bar”:以 B 音開始,然後閉上嘴唇。

And then make sure that you don't lift the tongue up too soon, again, not 'Burbara', but 'bar'.

然後確定你不要太快把舌頭提起來,不是“Burbara”,而是“bar”。

And then the second syllable is 'bruh', 'bruh', 'bruh'.

然後第二個音節是“bruh”。

It's a B sound, an R round your lips for the R, and a schwa sound, it's a very neutral vowel sound, 'bruh', 'bruh', 'bruh'.

它是由一個 B 音,R 音和弱讀音組成,是一個非常中性的元音,“bruh”。

Not 'braa', but 'bruh'.

不是“braa”,而是“bruh”。

'bar-bruh'.

“吧——兄弟”。

Barbara.

/ˈbɑːb(ə)rə/。

"I've got to call Barbara." "Barbara, what's going on?" "Barbara, I haven't heard from you in so long." "Barbara, where's my fish?" The next name is Aaron/Erin.

"我得打電話給芭芭拉。"“芭芭拉,怎麼了?”“芭芭拉,我好久沒有你的消息了。”“芭芭拉,我的魚呢?”下一個名字是亞倫/艾琳。

Now, this pronunciation is actually the pronunciation of two different names: a boy's name, Aaron, Aaron, and a girl's name, Erin.

這個發音實際上是兩個不同名字的發音:一個是男孩的名字 Aaron,一個是女孩的名字 Erin。

Erin.

/'iərin/。

Yes, they're pronounced the same.

它們的發音是一樣的。

The first syllable is 'eh', 'eh', and even something closer to an 'uh' sound.

第一個音節是“eh”,甚至更接近于“uh”音。

And then the second part is 'rn', 'rn', an R sound, a schwa, and an N, 'rn'.

第二部分是“rn”,一個 R 音,一個弱讀音,還有一個 N 音。

'eh-rn', 'eh-rn'.

/'iərin/。

The next name, and I love this name, is Joaquin, Joaquin.

下一個名字我很喜歡,是華金。

Because of the spelling it could be a little confusing, unless you're a Spanish speaker and then it's easy peasy for you.

因為拼寫的問題,你可能會有點困惑,隻有說西班牙語的人會覺得這很好了解。

But generally, the J does not represent the 'h' sound.

但一般來說,J 不代表“h”音。

In this name it does.

但在這個名字中,它确實如此。

Joaquin.

/ˌwɑˈkin/。

So you start with an H sound, 'huwaa', 'huwaa', close your lips, and then open it up for a W sound, 'huwaa'.

是以你從一個 H 音開始,“huwaa”,閉上你的嘴唇,然後打開它發出 W 音。

And then 'keen': a K sound, a high E, and an N - 'huwaa-keen'.

然後是“keen”:一個 K 音,一個高音 E,和一個 N 音。

The next name is Deidre.

下一個名字是黛德麗。

Deidre.

/'diədri/。

The spelling can be a little confusing here, and this is how you pronounce that.

這裡的拼寫可能有點混亂,這就是你發音的方式。

You start with the syllable 'deer', 'deer', like "my dear".

我們從音節“deer”開頭,它的發音和“my dear”中的“dear”一樣。

And then the second syllable is 'druh', 'druh'.

然後第二個音節是“druh”。

'deer-druh'.

/'diədri/。

Deidre.

/'diədri/。

Finally, we have this name Siobhan.

最後一個名字時西沃恩。

Now, this name is very common, but the spelling, again, could be deceiving if you've never heard this name before, or you've never associated the name with the spelling.

這個名字很常見,但如果你以前從來沒有聽過這個名字,或者你從來沒有把這個名字和拼寫聯系起來,那你可能會被這個拼寫誤導。

And this is how you pronounce it.

這是它的發音。

You start with 'shi', 'shi', like "ship", 'shi'.

我們從“ship”中的“shi”音開始。

And then the next part is 'vawn', 'vawn', a V sound, 'aa' as in father, or you can even round the lips a little bit, and then an N, 'vawn'.

下一個部分是“vawn”,一個 V 音,還有“father”裡的“aa”音,或者你甚至可以把嘴唇繞起來一點,然後是一個 N 音,“vawn”。

'shi-vawn'.

/ˈʃaʊˌbɑn/。

Siobhan.

/ˈʃaʊˌbɑn/。

Okay, that's it.

這就是今天的内容啦!

These are the 10 names that are sometimes challenging for non-native speakers to pronounce.

這是 10 個對非英語母語者來說非常難讀的英文名字。

Can you think of other names that are challenging to pronounce?

你能想到其他很難發音的名字嗎?

If so, put them in the comments below.

如果有的話,請在下面的評論中告訴我。

And if you like this video, consider liking it, sharing it and subscribing, if you haven't subscribed yet.

如果你喜歡這個視訊,且還沒有訂閱的話,請點贊、分享和訂閱我的頻道。

And if you'd like to know how you too can become more confident and clear when speaking, check out my website, cause it has a ton of free resources that are designed to help you get to where you want to be.

如果你想知道如何在演講時變得更加自信和清晰,請通路我的網站,那裡有大量的免費資源來幫助你達到你想要達到的目标。

That's it.

這就是今天的内容啦!

Thank you so, so much for being here with me.

非常非常感謝你能來和我一起學習。

And remember, don't worry about pronunciation mistakes, because you know what I always say: mistakes is really the only way to learn.

不要擔心發音錯誤,因為我總是說:錯誤是學習的唯一途徑。

Thank you so much.

太謝謝你了。

And I'll see you in the next video.

我們下期下個視訊再見!

Bye.

拜拜

繼續閱讀