天天看點

幾組形容詞後接介詞和不定式含義不同

作者:我的考試日記

如:

be anxious about sth./doing sth.和be anxious to do sth.

某些形容詞後可接介詞,也可接不定式,但表示的含義不同。

比較

1. be anxious about sth./doing sth.擔心的,憂慮的

He seemed anxious about the meeting.

他似乎對這次會議憂心忡忡。

She was weepy and nervy, anxious about her baby.

她動不動就哭,而且神經緊張,總為她的小寶貝擔心。

Many West Germans are anxious about the potential cost of unification.

許多西德人都很擔憂國家統一的潛在代價。

Mary is anxious about her next examination.

瑪麗擔心後面的考試。

We are anxious about [ for] his safety.

我們為他的安全擔憂。

She is very anxious about her dear old mother.

她十分惦念年邁的老母親。

I believe he is most painfully anxious about Diana.

我相信他肯定非常擔心黛安娜。

She is anxious about telling him the news. 她對把這一消息告訴他表示擔心。

be anxious to do sth. 想要,渴望、急切

She was anxious to finish school and get a job.

她渴望畢業找一份工作。

幾組形容詞後接介詞和不定式含義不同

The firm is anxious to gain a toehold in Europe.

這家公司急于在歐洲找個立腳點。

She was very anxious to get away from cities and back to nature.

她特别渴望離開城市,回歸自然。

I was anxious to get him here, away from family and friends.

我急于把他帶到這兒,遠離家人和朋友。

Moscow is anxious to stay in step with Washington.

俄羅斯政府迫切希望和美國政府保持一緻。

She is anxious to tell him the news. 她急切地想把這一消息告訴他。(be eager to)

2.be interested in sth./doing sth.對......感興趣

be interested to do sth. 願意,想要

He is interested in the film. 他對這部電影感興趣。

Employers are interested in how you approach problems.

雇主們對你如何處理問題感興趣。

Neither Anna nor I are interested in high finance.

安娜和我對巨額融資都不感興趣。

They were more interested in courtship and cars than in school.

比起上學,他們對談戀愛和汽車更感興趣。

I thought she might be interested in Paula's proposal.

我覺得她對葆拉的提議可能會感興趣。

I am not really interested in politics.

我并不真正熱衷于政治。

The latest big idea is to make women more interested in sport.

最近的流行思想是促進婦女對體育的興趣。

Now she's a teenager, she's starting to be interested in boys.

她現在已經是個十幾歲的姑娘了,開始對男孩子感興趣。

幾組形容詞後接介詞和不定式含義不同

She's interested in him for purely mercenary reasons.

她對他感興趣完全是為了貪圖金錢。

I think the young man is getting interested in gardening.

我認為這個年輕人開始對園藝産生興趣了。

He is interested to see the film. 他想看這部電影。(would like to)

We would be interested to hear your views on this subject.

我們很想聽聽你對這個話題的看法。

I'd be interested to meet her.

我有意見見她。

3.be ashamed of sth./doing sth. 為......感到羞愧

be ashamed to do sth. 因羞愧而不想......

You should be ashamed of treating your daughter like that.

你這樣對待自己的女兒應該感到羞愧。

You should be ashamed of what you said.

你應該為你所說的話而感到羞愧。

What is there to be ashamed of confessing one's errors?

承認自己的錯誤有什麼可羞慚的呢?

She was deeply ashamed of her behaviour at the party.

她對自己在聚會上的行為深感羞愧。

You should be ashamed of yourself for telling such lies.

你扯這種謊應該感到羞恥。

He knew full well he'd be ashamed of himself later.

他很清楚地知道自己過後會無地自容。

I felt incredibly ashamed of myself for getting so angry.

我對自己發那麼大的火而深感慚愧。

You ought to be ashamed of your foolish behaviour.

你應當為自己的愚蠢行為而感到羞恥。

Are you ashamed of your conduct?

你對自己的行為感到害臊嗎?

He is ashamed of speaking to her like that. 他為那樣同她說話感到羞愧。

He is ashamed to tell her how he missed the chance. 他為失去了那次機會而羞愧,不想告訴她。(doesn't want to)

I'm ashamed to say that I lied to her.

我真不好意思說我向她撒了謊。

I cried at the end and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

最後我哭了,我并不恥于承認哭過。

Women are often ashamed to admit they are being abused.

婦女對受到的侵犯常常羞于承認。

I'd be ashamed to admit feeling jealous.

我不好意思承認自己的嫉妒之心。

I should be ashamed to show my face in public.

我不好意思抛頭露面。

I am half ashamed to confess it.

承認這事我真有些羞愧。

He is ashamed to show his face at the club.

他不好意思在俱樂部露面。

4.be sorry about doing sth. 對過去發生的事表示歉意

be sorry to do sth. 對現在發生的事表示遺憾

I am sorry about giving you so much trouble in the past. 過去曾給你帶來許多麻煩,我很抱歉。

We're very sorry about the damage to your car.

損壞了你的車,我們真是過意不去。

I'm awfully sorry about that problem the other day.

我對前幾天的那個問題感到非常遺憾。

She was very sorry about all the trouble she'd caused.

她為自己引起了那麼多麻煩而感到非常抱歉。

幾組形容詞後接介詞和不定式含義不同

I'm sorry about what's happened.

我為所發生的事情感到遺憾。

I'm sorry about knocking over your coffee cup-it was an accident.

我很抱歉打翻了你的咖啡杯——這是個意外。

Chinese visitors feel sorry about the crowded subway in Paris.

中國遊客對巴黎擁擠的地鐵感到遺憾。

I'm sorry to call so late, but I need a favour.

這麼晚打電話真是抱歉,可是我需要幫個忙。

I'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you.

我很難過,這消息得由我來告訴你。

I'm sorry to spring it on you, but I've been offered another job.

我很抱歉這樣突然告訴您,我另有工作了。

He was sorry to see them go.

看到他們離去,他十分難過。

He had worked with the General for three years and was sorry to see him go

他與将軍共事了3年,看他離去覺得很難過。

I'm sorry to drag you all this way in the heat.

對不起,這麼熱的天硬拉着你跑了這一路。

I'm very sorry to keep you waiting.

對不起,讓你久等了。

I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.

對不起,讓你久等了。

I was sorry to hear about your accident.

獲悉你遇到意外,我很難過。

He didn't accept the job, I'm sorry to say.

我很遺憾,他不接受那項工作。

We're sorry to hear that your father's in hospital again.

聽說你父親又住院了,我們心裡都不好受。

I'm sorry to have to tell you that Janet West is dead.

很遺憾,我不得不告訴您,珍妮特·韋斯特已經不在人世。

I am sorry to tell you that you can't stay here any longer. 我很遺憾地告訴你,你不能再待在這裡了。

I'm sorry to disturb you, but can I talk to you for a moment?

對不起,打擾你一下,我能跟你談一會兒嗎?

I'm sorry to intrude on you like this

很抱歉這樣來打擾你。

I'm sorry to barge in like this, but I have a problem I hope you can solve.

很抱歉這樣打擾您,但是我有個問題希望您能解決。

I'm sorry to trouble you, but I wondered if by any chance you know where he is

對不起打擾了,但我想打聽一下您是否知道他在哪裡。

I'm sorry to intrude, but I need to talk to someone.

對不起打擾了,不過我得找人有話要說。

I was genuinely sorry to be leaving college.

大學畢業時,我打心底裡舍不得離去。

I wouldn't be sorry to see proportional representation and I think it's a thing which will gradually come in.

我不會為比例代表制的出現而難過,我認為這種制度将逐漸流行起來。

幾組形容詞後接介詞和不定式含義不同