天天看點

I'm not an impractical woman.我不是那種不切實際的人

作者:泠子英語

視訊加載中...

Edie: "Now this place is a real diamond in the rough. Cozy little two-bedroom plus den, with a highly motivated seller."

這個房子可是顆未經雕琢的沒鑽啊。有兩間小卧室加書房,房主又急于出手。

Bree: "Oh, look, a highly motivated cockroach."

又隻急于現身的蟑螂。

Edie: "Let's try to be positive, people. Fabulous location. Just walking distance to all sorts of fun shops. "

讓我們樂觀一點吧,多好的地段啊,步行即可到達各式各樣的商店。

Bree: "Right, from here I can see a bail bondsman and an adult bookshop."

對,從這兒我就可以看見一家保釋擔保行和一家成人書店。

Edie: "What do you expect in your price range? Tara?"

這個價位你還想找什麼樣的房子?塔拉莊園嗎?

Bree: "Let's go. Thank you."

我們走吧,謝謝你。

Gloria: "Wait. I'm not an impractical woman. I know that my son's resources are...like his achievements, rather limited. I want to see the rest of it."

等下。我不是那種不切實際的人。我知道我兒子的财力如何,就像她的能力一樣,相當有限。我想去看看其他房間。

Edie: "Okay. Now the lighting in the kitchen is a bit harsh. The previous owner, well, let's just say he ran some sort of home-based medical business."

好的。廚房的燈有點紮眼,因為之前的房主,就這麼說吧,他經營一些家庭式醫療生意。

Bree: "You cannot let your mother move into this neighborhood. It's filled with junkies and whores."

你不能讓你媽媽住到這裡來,這裡到處是瘾君子和妓女。

Orson: "And we'll owe them all an apology, but who cares? She likes it."

那我們還得給他們道個歉,誰管這麼多啊,她喜歡就行。

Bree: "Of course she likes it. There's a twenty-four-hour liquor store across the street."

她當然喜歡了。街對面就有一個24小時營業的酒屋。

Orson: "She wants a house. This is the best we can afford without bankrupting ourselves."

她想要房子,我們要想不破産,隻買得起這樣的。

Bree: "Orson, what if something should happen to her?"

奧森,萬一她遇到什麼意外怎麼辦?

Orson: "Stop worrying about her. Worry about us. Do you realize how much we've been fighting since she came? The woman's ruined every relationship that's mattered to me, and she's doing it again."

别為她擔心了,擔心一下我們吧。你記不記得她來了以後我們吵過多少次架了。那女人毀了我的每一段情感,現在又故伎重演了。

Edie: "Oh, my God!

我的天啊。

Bree: "Are you all right?"

你不要緊吧?

Orson: "Oh! Mother?"

媽媽

Edie: "It's just a little spill. Her cane hit a loose tile."

就是滑了一下,她拐杖碰到了一塊松了的地磚。

Bree: "Is anything broken?"

有沒有摔壞身子?

Gloria: "Well, obviously, the damn floor.

都怪這個破地磚。

Orson: "We'll need that fixed before she moves in."

她搬來之前你們得修好。

Bree: "Are you insane? She obviously can't be on her own."

你瘋了嗎?她顯然不能獨自生活。

Orson: "Why, it's a loose tile."

不就是塊松了的地磚嗎?

Gloria: "I'm perfectly fine."

我毫發未損。

Bree: "And what if you weren't? What if she had broken something and she was lying here for hours? You are coming home with us."

如果你有事呢?萬一她哪摔壞了躺在這兒一動不動呢。你得跟我們回家。

Orson: "Bree..."

布裡。

Bree: "And I will not hear another word on the subject."

以後我不想再聽到這個話題了。

I'm not an impractical woman.我不是那種不切實際的人