天天看點

英語美文閱讀——life is too short to be little人生苦短休斤斤

life is too short to be little人生苦短休斤斤

little在這裡翻譯成"小的"或者"一些"顯然是不合适的,人生苦短莫要斤斤,斤斤是形容詞,引申為瑣碎細小,指對無關緊要的事過分計較,過分計較的人通常都是思想狹隘,沒氣量的人,little本身有狹小的、氣度狹窄的意思,to be little 就有斤斤計較的含義。

We men are imperfect beings, so conflicts among us are unavoidable.

我們人類皆是不完美的造物,是以彼此之間必然會起争執。

Inevitably, we sometimes feel injured, insulted, or slighted.

無可避免地,我們有時會覺得受到傷害、侮辱或輕視。

英語美文閱讀——life is too short to be little人生苦短休斤斤

Perhaps we put our faith in another, and were disappointed; perhaps we felt we deserved one's gratitude, and were denied;

也許我們曾信任某人卻失望了,也許我們曾覺得應該被某人感激卻遭拒絕,

Perhaps we wished to join our efforts to those of a group, but were rejected.

也許我們曾希望共同為某團體打拼,卻被摒除于外。

Such experiences are painful indeed,but is it not foolish to let them occupy our thoughts and precious time?

這樣的經驗的确很痛苦,但任由它們占據我們的思想與寶貴的時間豈不太愚蠢了嗎?

For what does it profit us to dwell on trivial matters?

因為心煩瑣碎小事于我們有何益處呢?

專業外教成人英語線上教學輔導課程 ¥0.1 購買

The priceless days must be spent meaningfully, joyfully.

寶貴的時光必須過得有意義且快樂。

How thoughtless to waste the irreplaceable hours reviewing insignificant incidents, bearing a grudge or pitying oneself!

把一去不回的時間浪費在回顧微不足道的事,懷恨或自憐之上,這樣的做法是多麼欠思慮啊!

Far better to embrace with gratitude the gift of each day to make the most of every moment by filling it with purpose or appreciation.

帶着感恩的心去擁抱上帝所賜的每一天—也就是要有目的或心存感激地充分利用每一分每一秒—這樣的做法才一更好。

Consider this thought when next you feel tempted to nurse a grievance: that life is too short to be little!

下次你心生怨言時,想想這一點:"人生苦短休斤斤!"

英語美文閱讀——life is too short to be little人生苦短休斤斤

好啦,今天的英語教學就到這裡啦。

想了解更多實用的學英語方法,歡迎關注我,期待大家的留言!我們下期不見不散!

點選【了解更多】,免費獲得388元外教課

英語美文閱讀——life is too short to be little人生苦短休斤斤