This article is shared from HUAWEI CLOUD Community "HUAWEI CLOUD API EXPLORER launches API orchestration, developers build workflows efficiently with 0 code (experience user recruitment)-HUAWEI CLOUD - HUAWEI CLOUD", author: HUAWEI CLOUD PaaS Service Xiaozhi.
Breaking the traditional development model, API orchestration came into being
In the traditional development model, developers often encounter these scenarios:
- Service A sends a message push to Service B and Service C, and when the parameters passed by Service A change, Service B and Service C cannot respond synchronously in time, and finally pass the error result to the user frontend.
- A simple business logic modification, that is, facing a series of long processes from code writing, debugging, compilation, building, deployment, testing to launch, etc., wasting a lot of human resources;
- As business scenarios continue to expand and functions continue to be superimposed, there will be high coupling between services, the system becomes bloated and inconvenient to manage, and it is not convenient to retrospect when problems occur, which may bring losses to enterprises.
In response to the above development scenarios, the concept of API orchestration has emerged in the industry, and developers only need to visualize the developed API interfaces as independent units and visually orchestrate them according to the business logic and the interaction process between interfaces. In this process, the API orchestration platform builds a process internally to help developers automate management or re-aggregate into a new microservice API for release.
The benefits of using API orchestration are obvious. First of all, developers do not need to do code programming, just according to the underlying logic of the business, they can reorganize the API unit, obtain all the data they need in one call, reduce the number of data transfers, and increase the efficiency of front-end and back-end interactions. Secondly, each service interface is completely independent as an atom, and the orchestration platform can decouple business systems, greatly improving the reuse rate of API services, and the overall service is flexible and dynamically scalable.
API orchestration of three core capabilities helps developers build workflows with zero code
The HUAWEI CLOUD API Explorer platform will recently launch an API orchestration feature that works with Astro Flow to build a common capability for workflow orchestration, aiming to build a trigger/connector sharing platform and build a connector ecosystem with developers. HUAWEI CLOUD API ORCHESTRATION focuses on providing efficient integration capabilities with HUAWEI CLOUD services, providing low-code integration and local code integration capabilities for R&D engineers and O&M engineers, so that developers can quickly integrate scenario orchestration capabilities based on HUAWEI CLOUD services.
The API orchestration feature of HUAWEI CLOUD API EXPLORER provides three core capabilities:
- Workflow orchestration engine. Including unified graphical workflow design components and unified workflow standard model, developers can add, delete, modify, check and other orchestration workflow management of workflows.
- The platform on which the workflow runs. It includes unified debugging/running/hosting platform and unified workflow operation log monitoring capabilities. Developers can debug workflows online and optimize workflows based on the returned information, and developers can also quickly consult them in debug logs.
- API connectors. HUAWEI CLOUD 9000+ cloud service APIs are supported. Developers can configure triggers to customize information such as path, request parameters, and request body, and support the configuration of HUAWEI CLOUD API connectors.
For the API orchestration experience trial of HUAWEI CLOUD API Explorer, refer to the following examples:
- Drag and drop HUAWEI CLOUD API connectors into workflows and debug them
2. Support parallel, conditional, and other branches through logical connectors, and you can also configure custom responses
3.In the Overview, preview the workflow, edit the workflow description, and view triggers and connectors
4. On the debug log page, view the running log information
5. Publish the version and edit the API orchestration workflow of each version on the version management interface
6. On the permission management interface, unified management and authorization of projects, members and permissions
A real-world case study will show you how to orchestrate APIs with HUAWEI CLOUD
The following is a scenario example to demonstrate the features of HUAWEI CLOUD API orchestration.
For example, Bob is an operation and maintenance engineer of a game company, responsible for the online release of all new games of the company, and sends SMS notifications to players in a timely manner according to the usage of gamers, recalling silent players and maintaining player activity.
According to the analysis, there are several services in this scenario, such as creating game services, pipeline deployment and publishing services, querying player status services, and sending SMS services, among which HUAWEI CLOUD-based services include pipeline service and SMS sending service. As a result, Bob can use APIs to orchestrate a rapid design process.
Details are as follows:
- After Xiaoming configures the workflow, you can configure the connector parameters on the right side, and finally debug online (for demonstration purposes, only the core connector is displayed, and the configuration parameters are omitted)
2. Bob can modify and adjust the workflow according to the debugging results, and adjust the release version after the release.
3. In the process of operation, the company decided to build a high-specification server and higher bandwidth for each S-class game to ensure the user experience of players. So Bob added the conditional branch, joined the cloud server service, and further optimized it as follows (for demonstration purposes, only the core connector is displayed, and the configuration parameters are omitted):
At this point, an API orchestration has taken shape. Interested developers can participate in the API orchestration experience trial in the following ways.
In-depth experience: user recruitment is in progress
In the future, based on the API orchestration capability, the HUAWEI CLOUD API Explorer platform will gradually improve application capabilities such as API orchestration sample code generation, support for open capabilities such as API, SDK, AND CLI, open third-party API gateway connectors/cloud app store API connectors, publish API orchestration to API gateways/cloud app stores, and list various workflow templates, helping developers achieve efficient development and automated O&M.
Currently, the HUAWEI CLOUD API Explorer platform has opened the API orchestration test, and enterprise-level developers can try the API orchestration feature for free during the test period and enjoy the following benefits:
- One free consultation for enterprise API solutions
- Enjoy technical guidance and support provided by HUAWEI CLOUD experts
- Opportunity to be invited to participate in HUAWEI CLOUD online and offline summits and serve as guest speakers
- High-quality enterprises can jointly operate with HUAWEI CLOUD and share ecosystem cooperation opportunities
The invitation to participate in the test is as follows:
- Click this link to register
- Fill in the registration information
- Wait for HUAWEI CLOUD staff to contact you
- Open an invitation account to participate in the experience
Follow #HUAWEI CLOUD Developer Alliance# Click below to learn about HUAWEI CLOUD fresh technologies~
HUAWEI CLOUD Blog_Big Data Blog_AI Blog_Cloud Computing Blog_Developer Center-HUAWEI CLOUD