[Moon]: "I heard a sound of boiling water, and they all fainted! "In 1986, a villager in Africa was half asleep when he heard the sound of boiling water. As a result, the whole village was lifeless the next day, and the culprit turned out to be an extinct volcano.
It happened in a village in Cameroon, Africa, on the pass of an extinct volcano, surrounded by mountains, with beautiful scenery and a beautiful lake called Lake Nyos. ”
Many tourists come to enjoy the beautiful scenery here, and it is precisely because of this that the villagers living here get a lot of income.
People think that it must be very happy to live here, and the people here are exactly that, not only can they enjoy the beautiful scenery every day, but they can also earn a lot of income because of the environment, but the accident is often so sudden.
One day in 1986, this evening, everyone finished their busy day's work, returned home, had dinner with their wives and children, talked about what was there and what was not, everything was so peaceful.
But on this night, an accident happened. It was late at night, and the villagers snored and fell asleep. At this moment, a loud noise came, but no one seemed to notice the incident in the entire village.
Everything seemed so strange, this sound was like the sound of a cannonball exploding, even the deaf should be able to feel the vibration of the shock wave, but the villagers did not seem to care.
Until the next morning, the sun had climbed to the top of the mountain, and the village, which should have been busy, seemed so silent at this time that if it were not for the houses, there would be no trace of human habitation.
At this time, an explorer from the United States, "Herne", came here in order to see the beauty of Lake Nyos, when the sun was shining directly on the land.
And Herne was already sweating from the hot sun, when he saw the village not far away, so he had the idea of asking for saliva.
But what he didn't expect was that it had already reached this time, and there was no trace of anyone in the village, as if this was a dead city.
This puzzled Herne, so he dared to come to the door of a house, but no matter how he knocked, there was no response.
He had to come to another room, but it turned out to be the same, and Hearn wondered if the people here were too shy to receive him.
But this idea was soon dismissed, because he traveled from house to house, but no one answered, when he saw a house with the window open, so he looked inside.
The sight in front of him immediately made him stunned, there were two villagers lying straight inside, seeing this situation, Hearn and the surrounding partners immediately broke down the door and called them frantically, but unfortunately they had died.
At this time, Hearn suddenly thought that no one in the whole village would respond whether they were all killed, this thought made him break out in a cold sweat, in order to find out the truth of the matter, he began to break down every house to check the situation.
This was quickly confirmed, and hundreds of families in the village were all unconscious, only a young man with a hint of anger.
After Herne and his party took him to a nearby hospital for treatment, he told him what had happened last night, when he and his family had gone to bed early, and nothing unusual had happened at first.
But in the middle of the night, he was woken up by a loud noise, followed by the sound of boiling water, but he first looked at what was happening, but his legs were weak and he couldn't get up, and then he fainted after smelling a rotten egg.
In order to find out the truth of the matter, the local police immediately joined hands with experts from all walks of life to conduct investigation and research, and soon obtained results.
They discovered an extinct volcano near Lake Nyos, which, although it had not erupted for a long time, hid a large amount of carbon dioxide at the bottom of the lake.
That night, the carbon dioxide levels were already high, so it broke through the lake and spread to all parts of the village, and this is how the loud noise and the sound of boiling water appeared, and the villagers inhaled the excess carbon dioxide, and then there was the next thing.