Around the seventies and eighties of the last century, when the material living conditions were far less abundant than they are now, and the medical conditions were much more rudimentary than they are now, but some people remember the health hazard of "settling down" on us - parasites.
The parasites that grow on the body, mostly men, women and children, are tricked, and there is more than one, the common are 2 kinds: lice and roundworms, which were nightmares at that time.
Lice is a general term, in fact, there are 4 names subdivided, unhatched is lice eggs, small larvae are called lice flowers, male is lice, and the mother is called lice mother; Depending on the parasitic site, there are body lice, head lice, pubic lice, etc.
If it is a nice egg, it will stick densely to the hair, like dandruff, it is more scary, if it is a lice or adult lice, it will suck blood, and make people itch and scratch.
Lice do not appear out of thin air and must meet 3 conditions:
1. The source of infection, some animals or a small partner have lice eggs or adult worms.
2. Close contact, lice will not fly, jump, crawl slowly, and can only spread at close range.
3. Do not pay attention to hygiene, do not bathe, wash hair, wash clothes for a few days, lice will take root and multiply.
Lice are very infectious and fecund, female lice lay more than 10 eggs a day, it takes a week for the eggs to hatch, and then they can be messed up, and it takes about 10 days to grow into adults. If there are lice on the body, especially in the hair, once they take root, the number of lice slowly increases.
If lice only suck blood and make people itchy, it is not very troublesome, but it will cause skin diseases, skin allergies, and will become a high-risk object of typhus, severe myocardial inflammation, hepatosplenomegaly, etc.
How to deal with louse that hate terror? There are about 5 means:
1. Mutual aid method, under the sun, three or five small friends get together, you help me catch, I help you get rid of.
2. Spray dichlorvos on the head, and then put on a plastic bag to kill lice.
3. Comb your hair with a comb, the comb is characterized by particularly dense comb teeth, also known as "grates", you can comb down lice and lice eggs, and then remove them.
4. The use of pyrethroid insecticides, foreign imported methods, quick results, but lice will produce drug resistance,
5. Washing clothes, whether men or women shave their heads, also has a certain effect.
Roundworms are health hazards and problems that affect decades, and its transmission path is not complicated: worm eggs enter the human body through contaminated food and water sources, and the environment of gastric juice has no effect on the eggs, and then the eggs hatch into larvae in the small intestine, and the larvae enter the lungs, bronchi, etc. along the small blood vessels of the intestinal wall, and the larvae continue to develop, and then pass through the lung trachea, esophagus, stomach to the small intestine, and metamorphosis into long worms.
Ascaris is the largest parasitic nematode in the human intestine, can be attached to the intestinal wall, the whole body is smooth, yellowish or pink, off-white, there are roundworms in the human body, the face will be livid, the eyes will be blue, unhealthy. As long as there are roundworms, people will have problems such as malnutrition, insomnia, and teeth grinding.
When the eggs are in the body, people will have chest tightness, dry cough and other problems, some manifested as asthma, some larvae will crawl to the liver, kidney and other parts, hepatomegaly, nephritis and other problems, especially adult worms like to drill everywhere, there will be abdominal pain, vomiting and other problems, and some will cause intestinal obstruction, intestinal perforation, appendicitis, etc.
What's worse, some roundworms will be excreted with feces, the worms are still alive, moving more mad, sometimes blocked in the anus, need to be pulled out by hand.
Why do many people, especially in the countryside, appear roundworms? Some people attribute it to eating raw melons, fruits and potatoes, which is not entirely right. Roundworm eggs exist in the natural environment, people used to pay little attention to hygiene, drinking raw water, not washing hands before meals, etc. are very common, worm eggs enter the human body, some are excreted with feces, because in the past it was basically fecal irrigation crops, eating contaminated food, just like that, circulating in the body over and over again.
In the past, roundworm removal was done with piperazine phosphate, an insecticidal ingredient extracted from the wormwood plant, combined with sucrose to make the shape of pagoda sugar, so that children could not resist eating. Piperazine phosphate can inactivate roundworms, no longer attach to the intestine, and are excreted with stool.
Some Chinese medicine uses Chinese herbal medicine, including plum pills, insect chasing pills, etc., and medicinal herbs include pumpkin seeds, betel nuts, neem peels, and angels.
Why are both lice and roundworms relatively rare now?
Thanks to 5 reasons:
1. The knowledge of health and hygiene has been popularized, everyone's hygiene awareness has been enhanced, and the sanitary conditions have gradually improved.
2. Wash hands frequently, bathe frequently, change clothes frequently, and pay attention to personal hygiene.
3. Carry out continuous sanitation and cleaning activities, pay attention to environmental sterilization and food sterilization.
4. Promotion and use of fertilizers.
5. Upgrade and improvement of drugs to prevent and control human parasites.
However, if you do not pay attention to clothing hygiene and poor living environment, there will still be lice, and there is a high probability of pubic lice in the relationship between men and women; If you do not pay attention to dietary hygiene and drink raw water indiscriminately, you may suffer from ascariasis.